Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,718   Online: 883

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Recently re-bitten by the 'bug

I don't know how I totally missed this category before.

Anyway, I recently acquired a new (old) Pentax Spotmatic, the same camera on which I learned to shoot manual, and I have been getting back into photography quickly. I have since acquired a medium format Weltaflex TLR (kind of an oddity, but it didn't cost much: < 15 bucks) and I am in the process of building a pinhole camera to fit the standard 4x5 film holder. I am having fun with all of this.

I live in Portland, Oregon, near the St. Johns Bridge. I am fortunate to have one of the only places that still sells 120 film and deals mostly in film photography in the state a mere mile or so from my house.

I am in the process of evaluating my space and seeing where I can put a small darkroom for my wife and I to use.

Adam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Adam, welcome to APUG!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adam - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from the UK Adam.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Adam. You really are lucky having a film place so close, so please make sure you keep them feeling loved.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the welcomes!

I have been enjoying looking around here. It's nice to see an active "traditional" photography community.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Welcome, Adam. You really are lucky having a film place so close, so please make sure you keep them feeling loved.
    They get pretty much every film camera related item purchase that I make. I know how valuable they are to my local photo community.

Here's their website: Blue Moon Camera and Machine

(I am not an employee, owner, or shareholder, just a satisfied customer.)
    Last edited by TheDreadPirateRobins; 07-30-2008 at 12:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are lucky to have a store so close. I lost mine when I moved from MA to PA last year. Yes, I still miss it. I hope you have space to build a darkroom and I like that it's for both of you to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    You are lucky to have a store so close. I lost mine when I moved from MA to PA last year. Yes, I still miss it. I hope you have space to build a darkroom and I like that it's for both of you to use.
    I have a garage that we never intended to park our one car in anyway, so I thought that some of that would become the darkroom. I have also been considering a chunk of our basement near the laundry area, because of easier access to water, but neither my wife nor I are excited about photographic chemicals in the house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreadPirateRobins View Post
    I have a garage that we never intended to park our one car in anyway, so I thought that some of that would become the darkroom. I have also been considering a chunk of our basement near the laundry area, because of easier access to water, but neither my wife nor I are excited about photographic chemicals in the house.
    Photographic chemicals are, with a few relatively rare exceptions, of no greater concern than those "chemicals" you are likely to have in your laundry room, under your kitchen sink, or in a garden shed.

In other words, most are completely safe, if stored and handled with reasonable care (e.g. labelled properly, and stored in a locked cupboard, if you have young children).

I've been handling them both at home and in commercial environments for more than 4 decades all together, and with only the most obvious level of prudence, it just hasn't been a problem.

Matt

Oh, and welcome to APUG - where it's lots of fun.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin