Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,960   Online: 755

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the East Coast (South Carolina). I found this site about 2 years ago when I was thinking of building a darkroom, again. It is a great site with great group of people with a wealth of knowledge. As with many of us here I started when I was younger then you, probably around 12 years old, had my first darkroom when I was 15, a corner in the basement. Have fun shooting film....
    Last edited by dbonamo; 08-05-2008 at 10:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome Alisha,

From Penzance in West Cornwall, England.

There are no stupid questions here so don't be afraid to ask anything.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England...enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi from Canada's east coast.Just remember "There are no dumb questions,just dumb answers".

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    welcome from Denmark too..

you give hope (your age, that is ) to the analouge photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    When we are out, he says he is embarrassed by me carrying a vintage film camera!
    lol I carry vintage cameras too when I'm out on a trip. I always enjoy having one when everyone else carries high powered Canons/Nikons.

If you are ever in San Francisco, stop in at the Rayko Photography Center. There is an excellent gallery along with great rental darkroom facilities and excellent workshops. Ann, the gallery director, is the person who turned *me* on to Sander. She is always happy to talk about photography and look at pictures.
    That looks like a great place to go! I'm still wondering if we have any darkrooms here in Fresno, CA that I can use.

I'm 16[actually will be in a month] and I have been shooting film for a few years.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Just remember "There are no dumb questions,just dumb answers".
    lol Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "I've been captured by film and I can't seem to get away from it. I joined hoping ...I can grow in my own."

You've come to the right place.

There is a great deal to be learned here from a good bunch of people (from around the world.) I have been at this for over 30 years and still have a lot to learn and do so here at APUG form both young and old.

There are those who post a lot, those who just read a lot, and apparently, those who do a great deal of both. Good luck in finding where you are comfortable.

I look forward to seeing your images.

greetings from Norway!

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome from Neo England.

I'm 16, also. APUG is a very mature community, they don't care about how old you are...all they care about is how civil you are, and what you have to say. Maybe that is because we lack gearheads that must have the next best thing, they tend to think that is the next digital camera, and they tend to be assholes.

Analog photography is by definition, slow, and requires a lot of patience, which is another quality that mature people need to be mature. And understanding, and so on.

I will warn you, get CHEAP film. I spend all of my money on film and film processing...literally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Alisha from Mount Vernon, Virginia USA. A 17 year old who appreciates the work of August Sander is "ok" in my book. Took me a long time to discover him! You'll do well.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe that is because we lack gearheads that must have the next best thing, they tend to think that is the next digital camera, and they tend to be assholes.
    That's what I like about it here. No one's tech savy and has to discriminate you just because you choose to shoot with something different then them.
    I will warn you, get CHEAP film. I spend all of my money on film and film processing...literally.
    lol I already spend half my money on film and processing. The other half goes to buying cameras.

Welcome Alisha from Mount Vernon, Virginia USA. A 17 year old who appreciates the work of August Sander is "ok" in my book. Took me a long time to discover him! You'll do well.
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin