Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,067   Online: 954

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

New to Analog. Young to Photography

I thought it'd be the right thing to introduce myself and I feel quite happy to do so being everyone here seems to be welcoming.

I'm Alisha and I'm 17 years old. Extremely young, I know. lol I got into photography one, or two years ago using a digital camera, but in the past months I've been captured by film and I can't seem to get away from it. I joined hoping I could get a better understanding of analog photography, so I can grow in my own.

I'm mesmerized by photographers such as August Sander and Paul von Borax who have helped me understand what photography should be. I'm not sure if I would be here with out photographers like them.

That's just a little bit about me though and I hope I get to know others as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    welcome to apug.

it's really a great place to learn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Alisha,

I have a 17 year old son who started with analog about four years ago. There's lots of good information around APUG. Hope you enjoy your time here, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Alisha, from the south west coast of British Columbia, Canada.

I started photography at age 8, with my first darkroom work when I was 11.

That was a few decades ago, but film photography still makes me feel young.

I think you will like it here - there's hundreds (thousands?) of us who really enjoy sharing our experience, and helping others.

If you have questions, or experiences to share, don't hesitate.

Oh, and have fun.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo alisha

my son i 5 1/2 jear old and asks me for his first camera. he also helps me in the darkroom. oh im so proud :-).

i´m sure you are not to young, only the way is a other one than the generations bevore you. we (i´m 39) had only the analog way.
    and believe me we (older) are so happy when younger than us find the way to the analog photographie.

and here ist the right place to learn. there are so competent writers in the forum sometimes i can´t believe.

ask,ask,ask ... the best way to learn

a friendly welcome from vienna

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from Melbourne, Australia, and I'm glad you found us. Ask questions and have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Alisha...
    As I'm another Californian (So Cal-Riverside) I wonder if you went to the Sanders show at the Getty...still up through August I believe..
    I just went Saturday.

Anyway, enjoy the site and it's refreshing to have a 17 yr. old interested in film.
    Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    35mm
    As I'm another Californian (So Cal-Riverside) I wonder if you went to the Sanders show at the Getty...still up through August I believe..
    I just went Saturday
    Unfortunatly I don't live in SoCal. I wish I did, but I don't. I'm from the Central Valley in a city called Fresno. It would have been great to go to a Sanders show though.

my son i 5 1/2 jear old and asks me for his first camera. he also helps me in the darkroom. oh im so proud :-).
    I have a younger brother who's 5 years old too. Sometimes when I go out to shoot, he brings his plastic camera and askes if he can use mine. lol

we (i´m 39) had only the analog way.
    and believe me we (older) are so happy when younger than us find the way to the analog photographie.
    Anyway, enjoy the site and it's refreshing to have a 17 yr. old interested in film.
    Thank you, I'm glad to be here. I think I've finally found a site whose members accepted my youth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo again

no plastic (my son at work)

(with a little help by me)

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from Duvall, Washington. Good to see that younger people are going analog...

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin