Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,011   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Noob from Australia says hello!

Hi all, i've just joined this terrific forum and i'm pretty overwhelmed with the amount of information on here.

I've just recently got into film photography after a short experience with it at school where i learnt to develop film and make prints etc (about 8 years ago now).
    I didnt touch a camera for years until i got a DSLR a couple of years ago that re-ignited my interest in photography. I had alot of fun with it, and i liked most of the results i got out of it, but found myself becoming more interested in older cameras, and the distinct look and advantages that film can offer (well in my opinion anyway).

I dont know why i begun to like older cameras, but i just did, and found myself buying an Olympus OM2n last year. Since then i've been hooked. I now have way too many OM bodies (6 now), and for some silly reason i keep looking for more. I just love using them.
    Earlier this year i discovered the workd of rangefinders and that opened up a whole new range of cameras for me to spend too much money on. I started off slow with an Olympus Trip i bough for 1 cent off ebay (i know they're not technically rangefinders), i then bought a couple more for a few dolalrs, and the floodagtes opened. I now have two Olympus SP's (a black one and a silver one), a Canon P, and too many others that i dont even want to think about right now. Most recently i bought a Bessa R3A and have been using that for most of my photography, im very happy with it.
    A couple of months ago i made a mistake however. A friend of mine lent me his RB67 and im afraid that i've fallen in love with medium format. I keep trying to convince myself not to get a Pentax 67 and a TLR (for some 6x6 action), but i dont know how long i can hold out.

I started uploading some of my shots to my website and flickr, but my scanner has now died. I think i need to make that a priority before spending any more money on cameras. I'll see how i go.
    Anyway, enough rambling form me. I hope to learn alot on here and hope i can one day offer some advice or information in return.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, azza. Where in Australia are you? I'm in Melbourne, and there are quite a few other Melburnians here, as well as a few from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth... If you make the step up to MF I can promise you, you won't regret it. It's worth it for the image size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome azza. You'll love it here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo from vienna

and welcome back in the analog-scene.

i also know much about bying a camera here and there, they are getting more and more, ..........

-----------------
    thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another RB user on the other side of the world !

Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    I keep trying to convince myself not to get a Pentax 67 and a TLR (for some 6x6 action), but i dont know how long i can hold out.
    Why? Resistance is futile!

Whatever you do, don't let any of your friends lend you a Hasselblad, or (*gasp*) a large format camera!

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the big film.

(Oh, and by the way, I'm originally from Melbourne)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Azza.
    If I may offer one bit of advice: do not skimp on the scanner.
    I did, and regret wasting my money on rubbish until I decided to bite the bullet and only cry once.
    Get a decent one, good quality top of the line flatbed or dedicated. Otherwise you'll always have a weak link in the whole workflow chain that just won't go away.
    Epson V7xx series or a Nikon Coolscan or Minolta, through ebay. You won't ever regret it.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    G'day Azza from another one of us downunder (Geelong...).
    Ramble and rant all you like. Love it! You sound like you've been bitten by the photography bug in, um, er, the worst possible (best!?) way!
    I too am partial to the Olympus marque, having used an OM1n, OM2n and then the beautiful OM4 (I owned 2, after one was destroyed during a bicycle touring accident in 1985). My all-electronic EOS 1N has, as its prime lens, a manual-focus tilt/shift lens, and I much prefer this over the AF "do everything" others I have.

.:: PdJ ::.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard!

Yup, the quality of those medium-format negatives is hard to beat (except by large-format ones of course - still, we'll let you get used to the MF before we talk you into getting some LF kit ).

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll add another welcome from England.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin