Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 688

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a GAS problem, except when I'm not buying new gear.....Seriously, welcome to the APUG jungle and have a good 'un.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

JGC

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    ... I did my job and kept it out of the landfill.
    Good on ya, but don't you think that there's an element of social conscience in this "gas" lark?

Sure there's plenty of folks making a living out of our "condition", but it's also keeping good "stuff" out of landfill.

Secondly, it's preserving and archiving an important part of the technology of the 20th century, and yes in some cases even earlier, for the future.

Shall I stop preaching to the converted now, or would you like me to carry on for a while ... ... and yes, I do realise that I have that appalling zeal of any born again ... whatever.

Now that it has been identified that I'm affected by this condition will it change my life? Probably. If anything it'll probably make things worse ...

... and if things develop the way my interest in bikes has, I'll probably involve bigger and older and less sophisticated equipment, but that's just me.

In fact the thought did strike me today that I could move the EOS outfit on to make room for some more real MF photographic gear

... on the subject of the EOS, I've just remembered the SLR count is actually 4. 2 EOS and 2 OM's

Thank goodness I found you guys before it was too late ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    John welcome to APUG from Ireland. As a proud owner of several Olympus cameras my advice is: never mind collecting gear 'GET OUT THERE AND START TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS'.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad you join APUG. Even if I don't own one, I always respected the OM-1.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin