Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,368   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Watawieh yorlyi, Bounty! Memories of Norfolk Island <sigh>...
    I stayed at Aunt Em's in Burnt Pine in 1995... a long, long time ago now, and even longer in terms of the range of photographic skills "then and now". I 'cut my teeth' using tranny film at Anson Bay photographing the beautiful rounded boulders in sunset there. So you'll know those places!

To everybody here, if you get the chance, visit Norfolk, it's 1500km E or so from Sydney in the wild blue South Pacific. What's your favourite place there Karl? I remember the unbelievably lush green serried hills, the Norfolk pines and having to stop and wait (for most of the morning) for the cows to move (on NOrfolk Island, cows have right of way on the roads!!). The airfares look cheap and enticing nowadays...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 09-08-2008 at 02:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    ...I would like to read more about your island.
    And you will, Ari, you will. Read up on http://www.gonorfolkisland.com/
    How about getting your bike down there? The ride up to Mount Pitt will warm you up! The sunsets are beautiful with a foreground anchor of Norfolk Pines (endemic to the island).
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 09-08-2008 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Peter, If you come again i am on www.kapak@ninet.nf, Karl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin