Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,189   Online: 866

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    No. That's from the Isle of Arran in Scotland (the other end of the UK!). I have been there and there are some pictures in page 4 of my gallery and some which are better than mine from a member called Shiny: http://www.apug.org/gallery/member.p...3893&protype=1

Steve.
    Oh man.. it looks like I gotta pay to view. Well the thumbnails look really fantastic though.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Welcome from Washington, DC. Sounds like a convoluted path back to analog, but it wouldn't have been half as much fun if it were simple, would it?
    Life is a journey! I consider the greatest asset one truely posesses is one's experience and the knowledge and wisdom that is gleaned from it. I've made mistakes, bad ones, just to experience them. To truely know what it feels like. So, I suppose you could say we agree! I'll leave the "simple" experience to people who want to play it safe their whole life. I'm more like that dude that Anthony Hopkins portrayed in the movie "The Fastest Indian in the World"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    As to the Zeiss lenses, I have always been a big Hassy fan, and until I decided I preferred large format, that was my weapon of choice. It makes a great travel camera, the optics are amazing. I think that the Zeiss T* coatings are what give their lenses that extra snap, with richer contrast, and that's what makes them special.
    Now this is almost word for word what I read recently from others with the experience to make the assessment. I think I'll stop my 35 mm purchases at this point (Got me a great deal on eBay last night for a Canon A-1 with three lenses and autowinder) and save the rest of my money so that in a month or two I can buy a complete Hasselblad kit.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Do you have arms as big as our govenor?
    Hahahah! No... but... I'm no girly man! I might have bigger thighs though! Need something punted?

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Where in Socal are you? My boss just moved in with his GF and she's slowly finding all her darkroom equipment. So whatever extra I get..........
    Ahh, if you divide the state into 3's, I'm Central Coast. San Luis Obispo or as locals affectionately call it.. SLO. This is heaven up here. I'm a native Los Angelino, but very happy to be gone now. I'm very close to much natural beauty. The most beautiful coastline in the world begins 30 minutes from my doorstep and (in a car) extends for over an hour. San Simeon to Big Sur. But some folks would disagree and say that the most beautiful coast line starts much further south, like Point Concepcion, Point Sal, Guadalupe Dunes, Montana de Oro. If you're interested in a trip for snapping off a few rolls, give me a holler. I'll show you all the good spots!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, this was a great welcome from you all. Thanks everyone! I'm already feeling at home.

Since I made this original post, I've bought a Canon A-1 on eBay with 3 lenses and autowinder and .. some other stuff for dirt cheep on a Buy-it-now with best offer. Best offer prevailed. Man, I am surprized sometimes at the responses I get with best offers. I really undercut this listing, and I got it first thing in the AM. But some other best offer's I've done were met with great resistence and they weren't really that far below the asking price. Oh well, I wanted a good deal and something to get me started. Like I said earlier, I've got darkroom equipment, etc. for 35mm already so.. that's my first step back into the analog world. I'll save up my money now and get me a Hasselblad kit.

Man I saw a Hasselblad kit the other day that was too good to be true. It was two bodies, I think a 500cm and 500elx, 4 or 5 film backs, 3 or 4 lenses, waist level finder, prism finder, recharger for the 500elx, filters, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff.. oh yeah a flash and gun, for some low low price of $1700 or so. It got snapped up though, so if you find that price too good to be true, it was priced so low it sold quickly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    Oh man.. it looks like I gotta pay to view. Well the thumbnails look really fantastic though.
    I forgot about that! You will have to subscribe.

Or look here: http://www.buyimage.co.uk/photonet/a...arran2000.html and here: http://www.castlekirk.co.uk/landscape.html

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey dude! Glad you found your way here. Thanks for the WaMu bank draft!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    San Luis Obispo or as locals affectionately call it.. SLO. This is heaven up here.
    Sweeet. I used to live in Salinas and worked in San Jose and then WAtsonville. I really liked it up there. I was down MOnterey and Carmel every weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Hey dude! Glad you found your way here. Thanks for the WaMu bank draft!!!
    Oh you got that already? Did you crumple it up and throw it on the ground to see how high it bounces?

On another note Jason I find your Youtube videos quite refreshing. You make some pretty good results even with all your mistakes and measurements in cheetos and tortelinis! About the only thing we disagree on is the bacon bit. I don't eat any red meats anymore. Anyhow, I think your videos in part is why I decided to go to the effort of re-entering photography. Now, you can feel proud about that now... or.. you can wait and see the results! Hopefully I won't let ya down!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dude.

If you are ever up in SJ, let me know. I have a 6x7 enlarger that would be yours for the asking. And not crap either. Beseler 67S with Dicro head and two mixing boxes. A couple of negative holders. I could find some sort of funky lens for it. Just taking up space.

Probably lend you something to get your interest whetted. A C3 with a 135 lens on it. Heavy as hell, takes nice pictures. Just don't ask to see the Deardorff. I wouldn't do that to you.

Welcome, pay the 25 bucks (or whatever it costs this year), it's worth it.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Dude.

If you are ever up in SJ, let me know. I have a 6x7 enlarger that would be yours for the asking. And not crap either. Beseler 67S with Dicro head and two mixing boxes. A couple of negative holders. I could find some sort of funky lens for it. Just taking up space.
    Wow! That's quite an offer! I bought a dirt cheep Beseler Photomaker 35. It's only got a 35mm carrier, and upon a way more detailed look at it tonight I found that it's missing things that the manual says should be there. However, the head seems to be light-tight. Also, the knob that tightens or loosens the head on the vertical path doesn't tighten all the way. It is possible to accidentally (through vibration or otherwise) alter the settings without much effort. I haven't tried sneezing on it yet, but maybe that too will cause movement :rolleyes: So.. San Jose eh? My Subaru's got 165k miles on it now. The last two.. err three months, I've had some big expenses on it. $650 tuneup, $750 replace waterpump and timing belt, alternator and solve coolant leak/high temp problem (I did that one cuz I had to, cuz I was broke). I don't know if I trust this car just yet. Haven't driven it enough to know cuz I'm biking to work 4-5 days a week still. But hey, it's only a 3.5 hour drive eh, and there's civilization along the entire route.. so.. I'll be thinking about your offer!

Probably lend you something to get your interest whetted. A C3 with a 135 lens on it. Heavy as hell, takes nice pictures.
    Oh man, another nice offer. I had a Mamiya C330 in my youth. It took nice photos. My favorite one I took was of my neighbors specimen Ash tree in her front yard. 6 x 6 square enlargement on that. The tree filled the frame top and sides with a dichondra lawn in that depth of field thing going on, blurry up close fading to sharp focus. Very nice shot. still have it in my mind like yesterday.

Just don't ask to see the Deardorff. I wouldn't do that to you.
    Okay.. you got my curiousity going. What's that?

Welcome, pay the 25 bucks (or whatever it costs this year), it's worth it.

tim in san jose
    Ehh.. more like $50 tank for the ride up and another $50 back home, but I haven't been for a road trip for a while. Last road trip was up Highway 1 and turning around about 5 or 10 miles before Big Sur. Man I love that ride! There are some mighty good spots all up and down the coast there for the most awesome photos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin