Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,053   Online: 1124

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Greetings from Norway

Hey all! ^^

This looks like a great place to spend some hours at every day, I gotta say!
    Anyway, my name is Alex, I'm 19 and live in Norway!

I found this site by a total coincidence through google, and got totally hooked!
    I shoot only B/W, and started only about 2 months ago. I've never used a lab, 'cause I think the most rewarding and fun thing to do is develop film myself (I haven't started to develop on paper yet, but it's coming).
    Probably like many others, I started out digital and went back to analog because I just love how film feels to the eye. The grain is impressive, and I never liked smooth images anyway! =P

So, I got myself a Canon AE-1 Program to really get into the mix with some old completely non-digital stuff, and I love it! Feels so much more real than digital..

Anyway, so far I've only shot and developed 5 rolls of film, and my favourite so far is Ilford Delta 3200! Its grain is sooo awesome!
    I work fulltime at a photography shop, so I sell digital cameras for a living.
    It's also here I print my negs, so it works out okay!

Nice to meet you all and I'll be talking to you guys on a regular basis from now on!

Love to all the fellow photographers,
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome! Have you tried Rodinal? Sounds like it might be for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Alex!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Jason:

I bought the only developer the shop had, which was the T-Max. I've thought about trying others, but here in Norway it's hard to get a hold of, so I have to order online in order to get it.
    But I'll look into Rodinal, I've heard of it but nothing specific.. how is it, and why do you say it's sounds like something for me? =)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    Jason:

I bought the only developer the shop had, which was the T-Max. I've thought about trying others, but here in Norway it's hard to get a hold of, so I have to order online in order to get it.
    But I'll look into Rodinal, I've heard of it but nothing specific.. how is it, and why do you say it's sounds like something for me? =)
    Rodinal is a very sharp developer, which tends to enhance grain. I don't recommend trying out a bunch of developers to someone who is just starting out, but from the sound of your feelings towards grain, you might like it a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Alex. I am warning you....before you know you will have set up a drarkroom.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond Va. I'm sure you'll get hooked on analog photography!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello and welcome from Sydney, Australia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Alex, from Northern Virginia. Where are you in Norway? I have friends in the Lofoten.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Indiana in the USA.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin