Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,120   Online: 842

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Nervous newcomer.

Hello everyone.

I have been watching the forums for a while and have now jumped in.
    I am in unfamiliar territory not being a club joiner by nature,and loathing computers.
    Having seen some of the photographs in the Galleries however some of which are breathtakingly beautiful and show a depth of talent, imagination ,and creativity that I had to take this step.
    My love of photography started very early. Ended when the real world took over, (which was quite horrid frankly) and then returned because I did not realise how much a silver print stirred my soul. I took photographs with a digital Nikon. Brilliant in its way, but I wanted to "make" photographs again,if that makes sense, which is when my darkroom was built again. The magic of seeing an image appear from the developer felt every bit as wonderful as when I first saw it happen 30 years ago. I am fortunate to have Nikons, a Leica mp and Hasselblad, which I use and Olympus which I do not use enough.

Anyway thats me.

I will post photographs but I do not know how to scan what to buy etc. I will get round to it when I think my pictures are good enough.

Many thanks to the organisers of this site for putting all of this together.

James

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi James, welcome aboard APUG

Dive in, try searching stuff, ask whatever questions you want, and don't be shy about sharing what you've learned on your own!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    James - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. And yes, wanting to make photographs does make sense.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, and I quite agree. Using film is far more fun so you are in good company at APUG. I have just had my first baby (well, the wife had it of course!) and have shot 4 rolls in 2 days because I want to make sure that when she is 30 or 40 she can still loo at photos of her as a child instead of "Oh, sorry - that file system does not exist anymore" or "Sorry - my computer got stolen when you were one and all the photos were on it..." etc etc
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group, James. And thank you very much for subscribing.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James Rickard View Post
    Hello everyone.

I will get round to it when I think my pictures are good enough.

James
    Welcome. If you bothered to take them, I would consider them good enough. Post some when you can.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi James,
    Welcome from the Washington, DC area. You're at a great place to pick brains.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from beautiful British Columbia James.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from Montreal Quebec.

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your story sounds like many here who left, had a life and are returning to printing and camera work. Welcome, I'm not a professional group member and prefer to work alone in the field and just enjoy the process. It's amazing how the people help with more than just what developer to use. When I started there was just Popular Photography magazine, the guy in the photo store and the University library. I used to spend hours in the library basement going though all of the back issues of the Popular Photography and reading about strange films like Adox. When I found Freestyle Photography I thought I had it made. To make a long story short I went to some fine photo schools got degrees and then when to work in medicine. Early retirement and now working on our house and working on restoring and repairing my equipment with trips each year, sometimes several and darkroom work. It's good that you have joined.

Regards,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin