Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,434   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from England.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi and welcome...from California. Would love to see some of your work from the deserts...

Shooter
    35mm

My reply to "Hi and welcome from California"

Hi BradS,

You won't mind if I make this public I'm sure.

For a long time I've thought about a project like "Comparisons and contrasts: the deserts of Israel and the American Southwest".

I'm afraid the best I can do is refer you to two websites though neither is my own. And do take into account that the picture sizes and reproduction quality at the first of them leave a lot to be desired. Wish I could show you the actual magazine in which they appeared. (Nor was I happy with the editors selections. Ce la vie.)

The two links:
    http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive...d%20Clapsaddle
    (Some pics here can't be enlarged--try your luck.)

and http://www.foeme.org/docs/3rd.jpg

Re the second link, itís the Dead Sea under very unusual weather conditions. Of course I didn't introduce the blue tint with an effects filter. Rather the proximity to water and the rare fog did the trick. Most people really like this image buy it isnít typical of my work, which is mostly abstracts composed in the viewfinder.

I really appreciate your warm welcome!

Howard

shalom and greetings from holland,

i made my best photo's in israel..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin