Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 887

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello, Detroit newbie here.

Hello all,

I have come recently to the wonderful field of photography and have alot to learn, thank you all so much for creating and participating in this forum. It is so great to get current support and information regarding analog photography in a world I thought had gone totally digital.

I have no formal training, but would definately like to take a class or two.

The whole interest stems from a hand-me-down Minolta x-370 my mother gave me. I now have an x-700, still not top of the line, but I rather love it. Its the perfect thing for a poor student/restaurant worker like me.

I guess that's a sufficient introduction.

Thanks again for all the great info,

Bradd Cluckey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond Va. It doesn't matter if the camera is not top of the line, it is the person behind the camera. I'm sure you can find a class or two in Detroit. Just browse thru APUG also, you'll learn alot.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bradd - Welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. The X-700 was a pretty decent and popular camera during its time. Have fun using it!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome from Utah.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome Bradd. And take it from a lifelong Minolta X user, the cameras get better the further back you go. Welcome.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from Northern Virginia. No photographer can ever be as good as the simplest camera.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Bradd,
    Welcome from Livonia.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a girlfriend who was born and raised in Dearborn and Detroit. You are lucky to live in a city that is so photo friendly it makes me want to shit. Apparently, you are also lucky to have a job in that city! Hopefully these lucky things will add up to make for good luck in your photographic pursuits!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 11-05-2008 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Bradd and welcome to APUG from Melbourne, Australia. Don't worry about the gear. Just get out and shoot and enjoy and share it with us, when it works....and when it doesn't don't be scared to ask questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradd Cluckey View Post
    I now have an x-700, still not top of the line, but I rather love it.
    Welcome Bradd.

We gave my father in law an X-700 for his retirement, on the advice from a shop I had worked in previously. They'd sold many hundreds (perhaps >1000) of this model over a period of about 3 years after its introduction and didn't have a single sample come back for repair. He beat his around pretty roughly for years and it looks like an old, dead press photogs camera by now, but it's still running great.

Have fun.

Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin