Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,373   Online: 800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Greetings, fellow film devotees

Hello All-
    I'm from Colorado and new to this group. I shoot a variety of mediums including DSLR, 35mm film and medium format film. I only recently acquired my MF rig and am working my way through getting to know him. He hasn't yielded a "good" image just yet, but it's not his fault. I get a little closer with every attempt though.

I've been shooting pictures for many years but have only recently begun research in developing and printing my own negs - for the first time since college (a while ago) and am hoping to learn from all you seasoned folks.

Things like setting up a simple darkroom, processing/printing black and white film, etc. For black & white work I've standardized on Ilford HP5 Plus, and for color it's the Provia/Velvia 50/100 shuffle-depending on what I'm doing.

That's all for now-just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Kind regards,
    jbcrane

Images
    Good Afternoon, JB,

From southwestern Illinois, welcome to the best photo site on the net.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Konical,

I've been sticking a toe in various groups after growing weary of the arguing on dpreview. About a year ago after having invested in and shooting heavily in digital, something sorta snapped and I went back to film. I still shoot digital, but I found I missed film too much to ignore it any longer, so here I am. I'm from Illinois (Chicago area) way back when, and return often to visit family. We were in Grafton in February, along the Illinois River at Pere Marquette. Beautiful area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from the Aegaean, bathed in moonlight and nearing the Witching hour.

We don't argue about or even really discuss Film/Digital here. Some of us may use both but this forum is purely for our film photography

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah... peace at last. Thanks Ian.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond, Va. I shoot 35mm and medium format. I develop my own, sometimes I goof up, but other times I do very good!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Jeff,

My memory of developing & printing in college was that most of the time I'd goof up, but every so often it was magic watching the image take shape. I'm looking forward to getting back into it. Most of my problems seemed to stem from uneven chemical distribution on the film-like I wasn't agitating or rinsing well enough.. vague now, but hoping to avoid such calamity in the future.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome aboard from a fellow Coloradoan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JB - welcome to APUG from western Massacusetts!! We'll have you delving into LF in no time at all!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey JB! Welcome!!

Love,

JB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin