Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,137   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    After lurking around for a while I finally decided to register and say “Howdy”.

I have to say the APUG is one of the best online communities that I have found. There seems to be quite a few very knowledgably people around willing to share so that others can learn.

I have always enjoyed photography, but have just recently reached a point in my life where I can start to follow that passion.

I am currently in the process of purchasing the Camera & Darkroom equipment that I need and also just got started building my dream darkroom (13x16).

Although I love all subject matter, I plan to focus on doing mainly landscapes.

I have already gained much information from reading the forums, and hope that someday soon I will be able to contribute myself.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the site Jim! I'm in the same boat as you, gradually acquiring equipment, getting my darkroom built. One thing I enjoy about the site is seeing so many active photographers. It makes me feel like I'll get to have my turn soon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Welcome to the site Jim! I'm in the same boat as you, gradually acquiring equipment, getting my darkroom built. One thing I enjoy about the site is seeing so many active photographers. It makes me feel like I'll get to have my turn soon
    Actually Jim, what Sean means about building a darkroom is more like adding another wing to his house to keep his monster enlarger. As far as we know in the monster enlarger saga, he is still using it as an antiterrorist attack barrier in his driveway....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome Jim, Good Landscaping
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Large Format

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hear, hear to your second paragraph. Welcome and I hope you continue to enjoy the forum.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Jim,

Glad you're able to start following your passions.
    and regardless of what your plans are in photography.. you may be surprised at what you end up photographing!

Cheers!
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "antiterrorist attack barrier in his driveway...."

Yup. The ultimate "hardened target." I understand the DOD is studying the strategy and sending a team to Sean's to investigate. Unwieldy enlargers might soon have a shelf life of only seconds on ebay as Tom Ridge rapid-fire clicks on "Buy it Nows"

Welcome to the board, Jmoore!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you all for a warm welcome.

dnmilikan, I live in Iowa.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin