Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,941   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Howdy from Highland Park.

Try Efke IR 820 with a Hoya R72 filter developed in D-19 for a start. Meter the film as EI 100, then add seven to ten stops! Use it in small format to get the most grain, and if you really want it as grainy as possible, give it even MORE exposure.
    I was thinking of using Rodinal simply because it works with IR 820 and Rollei IR. also, I use an EOS camera so i am a bit concerned about my sprocket counter and my pressure plate. any good ideas?
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    Welcome to APUG, as for the camera, get an Holga!

André
    Andre,
    i heard that Holgas generate terrible exposures...is this true?
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidearm613 View Post
    I was thinking of using Rodinal simply because it works with IR 820 and Rollei IR. also, I use an EOS camera so i am a bit concerned about my sprocket counter and my pressure plate. any good ideas?
    Check the manual for the EOS. It will probably say whether it is IR safe or not. Certain EOS cameras are not, and others are.

Any b/w developer will work with any b/w film, so might as well use use whatever developer you have handy if you don't want to use D-19. The reason I suggested D-19 was to increase the grain and contrast to give the more stereotypical HIE look. If you don't use a harsh developer like D-19, expect to have to give one or two stops more exposure.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidearm613 View Post
    Andre,
    i heard that Holgas generate terrible exposures...is this true?

I don't know, I never used one, but it's cheap!

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    I don't know, I never used one, but it's cheap!

André
    I think they are overpriced, personally...but I am biased because I don't like them all that much as it is. If I wanted a crap camera, I would pick up an old 120 Brownie or something similar for under $5. If you're gonna spend that much on a toy camera, I think the Diana package with the book is a better deal, even though it is a bit more money. At least you get a book and a pinhole. (It also looks cooler.)
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 11-24-2008 at 02:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin