Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,392   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hullo from Worthing, SE England

Hiya,

Thought it was about time I popped up and introduced myself as I have been reading these forums for a while and they have always been really interesting.

I'm Vicky, 25 and from Worthing in West Sussex, England and have been interested in photography for a long time and taking photos since the age of at least 8 or 9.

I own a number of cameras, all film (either 35mm or 120) and am passionate about black and white. I do my own processing and printing in my 'darkroom' (aka the bathroom ) and enjoy landscape, street and urban photography. I do sometimes shoot colour but largely black and white is my thing. This year I walked the South Downs Way from Winchester to Eastbourne in a week (100 miles) and shot the whole journey on my Canon EOS 3 with 35mm lens and HP5+, Tri-X and a smidge (2 frames?) of PAN-F.

I've attached a little sample of a recent photo shot again with my EOS 3 w/50mm lens and PAN-F 50 at ISO 50 developed in Ilfosol 3 (1:9) I also own a Mamiya C330 TLR with numerous lenses, and an Olymps Trip 35 and XA. I hope to soon acquire a Bessa R3a. It's of the South Downs here in West Sussex, somewhere I'm immensely passionate about.

Thank you and really look forward to particpating some more My Flickr page is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilserenity/

Vicky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3041825652_07823d1b99_b.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome in from the lurk, Vicky!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from slightly south west of you!

Steve
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond Va. I also have a TLR, but it is a Roleiflex. I like your image vey much!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Indiana in the U.S.. I like the photo, and have sometimes thought about getting an EOS 3.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Vicky

I'm also new here, and just down the road from you - as you say the South Downs are the only place to be =)

Cheers

Rich

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Vicky, your pics are good. There are lots of photographers in the UK who are keen on B&W, and who of course do their own developing and printing.

May I suggest that, given you are already familiar with 135 and MF and do landscape work, it's likely that you may want to have a go at large format sometime? If so, you will find help and friends at the UK LF group, which has a website here: http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/.

There is a discussion forum on our site, and workshops which take place from time to time involve people with wide photographic interests, including those who do their own B&W processing.

Welcome!

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another Brit, in exile though it's not sunny at the moment

You might like to also look at the APUG UK regional forum, a number of UK members meet a few times a year, and alsowatch out for a trip around Ilford's factory in Cheshire there should be another next year.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello., Waves from sunny Hailsham just near eastbourne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Vicky from London !

As Ian said, keep an eye on the UK forum. I enjoyed looking at your photographs !

Welcome aboard,

Delphine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin