Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,036   Online: 916

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi. This seems like a great place. I like the PHPBB bulletin board format, but then, I would, since I run a health site that uses it for its forums. I started 35mm photography in 1975. I did my own black and white development and printing back then, then sort of abandoned it during the 80's as my kids were growing up. Nobody but me in the family liked black & white, so I pretty much always shot colour for the family-type stuff. I sort of drifted away from more serious photography during that time, but I've revived my interest over the past year, since I had to retire. Ilford XP2 got me back into B&W, along with a film scanner, but I still want to develop and print B&W (especially after I saw what an appalling job labs do these days with B&W). I should soon have everything I need for an apartment bathroom type of setup, and I'm really looking forward to it. So far, I'm sticking with what I liked best back in the 70's: HP5 and FP4, and maybe some Tri-X. I hope it all comes back to me

I'm strictly 35mm for now, although, I wouldn't mind doing some medium format too. That will have to wait though - No more money

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Pierre!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Pierre, it's nice to have another member from the Great White North.
    Brian McDowell

Images
    You're not the only one here who has returned to pursuing Photography seriously after an extended absence.

Apparently, as the old song goes, [Photography] is lovelier the second time around
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome and enjoy your return to the art and craft !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Images
    Welcome, Pierre, from the last previous member to post a bio.
    Have you considered browsing E-Bay to get a used TLR? Sometimes they go for really low prices, and the 2 1/4 negatives run rings around 35mm, especially with the newer fine-grain films.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome!
    To assemble your darkroom, look at Ebay. Lots of inexpensive high quality gear - I know, mine was done this way!
    And get a 6x6 enlarger, even for 35mm.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your welcome and your suggestions everyone. I bought a new Paterson tank already a few months ago, and I just acquired a Beseler enlarger via an ebay transaction. I just need a few more items. The idea of a used Rolleiflex or something like that is a good one, and I will probably do that at some point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin