Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,350   Online: 1149

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi uwphotoer from another APUG newbie..

I'd like to get back into ilfochrome, you'll have to post some tips if you have any, especially pertaining to masks!

Hope you enjoy it here!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Here's a big HELLO from Meckenburg County, First in Freedom, 1775.

You'll love it here, just be sure to put your name on stuff before you put it in the fridge...

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Welcome. You live in a beautiful area that also makes great music.

I do some Cibachrome from time to time as well. I just stocked up on some paper and chemicals and I am getting ready to fire up the processor - don't be surprised if (when) I start asking for advice: I'm a bit rusty when it comes to color correction.
    Well thanks, it's a nice area. The joy of ciba color correction is the simplicity..... if it's too yellow take out yellow, if it's too red, then remove red, or add cyan...... but remember you must have the density correct first before you try to color correct, and if you change exposure time then you will see some reciprocity that will cause a color change.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rossawilson1 View Post
    Hi uwphotoer from another APUG newbie..

I'd like to get back into ilfochrome, you'll have to post some tips if you have any, especially pertaining to masks!

Hope you enjoy it here!
    I think I will enjoy it here..... now as for tips.... I have many... lol and I have never needed to mask... I always print for the highlights and burn in the shadows..... and never try to dodge the highlights as they will go blue due to reciprocity failure with the time change...... now the shadows reciprocity will tend to the yellow with the extra time, which I feel helps the shadows warm up since most shadows tend to be blue anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin