Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,852   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New guy here, from Piedmont of NC

Well I found this site last week and thought I would join. I'm a fine arts photographer who works primarily underwater. I shoot Kodachrome and hand print my own cibachrome (ilfochrome) prints, I have taught photography for years have always had a camera since I can remember. My grandfather worked for Kodak and was a photographer in NYC in the 20's and 30's, so I have some photographic history in my life too......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    uw - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, UW! I have a Brother-in-law who has done a lot of underwater work and he always made it look easy. He's a master diver, though. I stick with the dry stuff for now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, UC, from the Washington DC area.
    I'm with Whitey, though; I figger if de Lawd wanted us to takes pixtures unnerwater, He'da put gills on our cameras!! (vbg)

For myself, I cannot think of anything more admirable than shooting Kodachrome and making Ciba prints--if one HAS to do color. Bravo!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond Va!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    I stick with the dry stuff for now.
    I always joke that if I can shoot underwater, then working in the air is that much easier...... lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    For myself, I cannot think of anything more admirable than shooting Kodachrome and making Ciba prints--if one HAS to do color. Bravo!
    Well thank you. I guess underwater, since the colors are so unbelievable, yes I HAVE to do color... lol

I have been know to do some B&W down there, but only the wide angle stuff looks any good, sometimes. Now if I do any with no flash I'm effectively shooting Blue and Black, since you will never get a white in that blue filter I'm swimming in. lol

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    welcome from Washington DC! I'm an occasional underwater shooter, toting around a Sea & Sea MX-10 with the handle-mount flash. Now if I could only solve my buoyancy problem when snorkelling but that would require me to trim down so I didn't float so easily

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome. You live in a beautiful area that also makes great music.

I do some Cibachrome from time to time as well. I just stocked up on some paper and chemicals and I am getting ready to fire up the processor - don't be surprised if (when) I start asking for advice: I'm a bit rusty when it comes to color correction.

Images
    A really big welcome from Alexander County!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin