Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,529   Posts: 1,543,965   Online: 1081

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello Apuggers! - A newbie here in Florida.

Jacksonville to be exact. Grew up in N. Wisc. - boy, do I miss the snow!

Spent my first day in the galleries, all I can say is - WOW! I'm addicted already!

My background is in fine art (painting) - picked up a camera about 4 years ago and haven’t put it down since. And, loving every minute of it. Started off with digital, but when my father recently passed away he left me with an awesome (film) camera collection and some dark room supplies. My BF built me a darkroom/studio in the backyard and I got bit by the process bug ------- been a film junkie ever since. Process Mania? You betcha!

I shoot MF with my beloved M645, B&W and love grain. Big, beefy grain and dark photographs. I shoot with Delta 3200 and HP5+. Bought a 4x5 Crown Graphic but haven’t quite mastered LF yet. My favorite thing to do on the weekend is load my gear into my backpack and ride the mountain bike into the swamp and take close up pictures of the swamp mud.

The economy may be in a recession but I will go back to eating beans and ramin before I cut back on quality film and paper products.

You folks in the apug community are a wealth of information and I look forward to learning much.

Great to meet you all - Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from England.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Images
    Welcome from North Carolina. We moved here from Jacksonville. I grew up there... will always be home!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A warm welcome from cold and dark Northern Europe!

Have fun!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from slightly chilly western PA!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome from sunny Jacksonville. There are a few APUG'ers in your immediate vicinity. Also there is a LF/MF group in the area. We usually go for outings once a month, and also have a monthly print viewing and darkroom/alt process meeting at an area home. pm me if your interested in further info.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome!!!! I have been looking at snow pics all day - ha ha! I have never had the luxury of shooting it. Great to meet you all!

jgcull - is there snow in NC? I could take a drive over the holiday and fulfill my wish of snow.

doug - that is awesome - count me in - I practically live at Pumpkin Hill on the weekends. I am sure your group has been there.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from near Washington, DC.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from cold and damp western Massachusetts!! You're gonna love your visits to APUG.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another Florida shooter. Pretty soon everyone will be here. Welcome from Fort Liquordale by way of Chicago and I don't miss the snow; Just the girls.
    W.A. Crider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin