Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,697   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Oh hey, its nickstreme from chicago

I have been shooting for a year or so. Im 14. Here is my flick if you care to check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickstreme/

I like shooting 35mm with my F4 and F2, medium format with my mamiya TLR, Rolleiflex and mamiya 645, and 4x5. I have a digital camera (nikon D2H) that i never touch anymore. My alltime favorite films are Kodachrome, FP4, HP5 pushed, Portra 400 and 160 nc, and TriX.

I like taking natural light portraits, skateboarding photos and abstract subjects.

Please feel free to go through my flikr and tell me what pictures you like and dislike, and why.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nick - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Youngster with a HUGE GOOD START. Welcome to the forum, Nick.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nick:

Welcome from the south west corner of British Columbia, Canada.

I enjoyed looking at your shots on flikr. The portrait uploaded on September 7, 2008 is a particular favourite - great expression and interesting framing.

Hope you enjoy APUG as much as I do.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from northern Indiana. I wish that I had had all those cameras at your age!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice stuff Nick.
    Stay the course and don't get distracted.
    A unique style.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nick,

I started young like you too, and I'm a professional artist now. Keep at it, you're a hell of a lot better than I was at your age! I especially like your architectural stuff and your portraits. The skating stuff is cool too. I had a friend in college who did a lot of skateboarding photos, he did his graduation project (for his Bachelor's degree in fine arts) as a series of skateboarding photos. I'd never have thought of doing them in medium format....but the square format works well for yours. I'm jealous of your camera collection too! You have some awesome old cameras. I used to have a Mamiya TLR too, but sold it a few years ago. Regretted that for a long time. Anyway, great stuff.

I'll give you some advice, learned the hard way by my own experience:

1) Don't let anyone try to make you change your style of work...it is great as it is and will only get better with practice.

2) If you go to college to study art (and you should), make sure to also major in Business (get a double major) so you'll know how to operate a business and make a living as an artist. Don't let them romanticize art and make you think money is evil. It isn't, you need to eat too. The whole art world is a giant parasite that makes money off our work while keeping us poor. Art is a business. The gallery owners know it and take advantage of the fact that few artists know it. A business degree will also get you a job, should you need one (and you will for a while until you can make enough to live just off of art sales or commercial photo work).

3) Don't cut your hair, no matter how much your parents bug you about it! LOL I'm 33 yrs old, I have a college degree, and I have an 11 year old son....but my dad STILL keeps telling me to get a haircut!
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice work. I started seriously at about 14 too. Keep doing what you are doing, your work is quite good. The best ways to get better are to shoot alot, print alot and look at the work of great photographers. There is actually a pretty good collection at the Art Institute and you can arrange to view prints that are not on exhibit. Highly recommended. Books are great, but seeing great prints in person is much better!

From Highland Park, IL -- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond, Va. Nice camera equipment and nice images!

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin