Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,220   Online: 745

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi - Yes, get a changing bag and you wont need a darkroom to load the dev tank. The only thing I dont like about changing bags is the way they rest on your hands and get in the way - so I use a couple of boxes of something inside to create a sort of 'tent'

As far as developer and films. FP4 and HP5 are the easiest to get on with and I would recommend a one shot developer such as Ilford Ilfosol, Paterson Aculux, Agfa Rodinal (although I dont really like Rodinal with HP5). Strongly recommend sticking to one film and one developer and "learning them" rather than switching between films and developers.

As "old type" films, FP4 and HP5 are more forgiving in terms of exposue etc. Kodak's alternative films are Plus-X and Tri-X.

I use HP5 mostly, including for weddings.
    Last edited by Matt5791; 12-25-2008 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spellinbhg

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Tom,
    Merry Christmas
    Russ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin