Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,549   Online: 1101

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, I'm really glad I found this site. I've participated in a few other photography forums; it'll be nice to discuss photography with folks who don't think of sepia toning as an in-camera function.

I've been into (obsessed) with photography for the last eight years or so. I've taken some classes, worked in a lab for a while, and been developing and printing BW in my own darkroom. I do some photography for money, but mostly I'm shooting and printing for myself and friends and family. I'd like to earn more money with photography; I can't imagine ever being able to quit my day job, but if I could get the photography to pay for itself....

I shoot almost all BW medium or large format. Economics drove me to explore "vintage" options, and I fell in love with old cameras. I have a collection of 100+ cameras (some work, some not so work).

The cameras that I do most of my own stuff with these days are a Rolleiflex 3.5E planar and an Anniversary Speed Graphic with a couple of Schneider lenses. The Rollei is my current love-affair, but late last year and much of this year I was infatuated with MF folders. I did a lot of photography with a Zeiss Ikonta C tessar and an Ansco Titan. I usually use my Pentax 67II for paying gigs (portraits and weddings).

Anyway, once again, I'm glad I found this place. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome: and its good to see a geographical location. We like to know where you live :-)

Truly, dr bob.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome - glad to see someone else with an Anniversary Speed. I also have a Miniature, and a Crown made up of parts from several cameras, plus a GVI and .... Well, you know, you have 100.
    This is a great group, glad to have you.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard. Its great to see another Wheathead here. I'm in the Burlington area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    Welcome--Glad to see that someone else enjoys playing around with old folders. Regarding Ansco Titan: I've seen some on E-Bay; they usually seem to go for very low to moderate prices. Do you know much about them? Apparently they were sold originally at low prices. Were they made with different lenses? How about lens quality?

Konical

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're in good company here, although I've only got 11 cameras
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin