Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 777

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats good. It's kind of hard to explain exactly but when you do get it life is so much easier. You'll need that lens when you get to MF cameras. Check out the oher adjuster right on the light head that is adjustable for different format. All the way up is for the 35 mm film. Slide the bellows all the way down to remove your condensor by sliding it forward. Make sure the glass is clean. That is one of the problems that some people have. They get that way from just being in a dustly location that yours probably has been.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler

Found the Beseler manual but it is too large to send over APUG. email me. It's an older manual but it is a good starter. It will help you for a good cleaning. When I was going to school many years ago I also was a 4H member. It gives good interpersonal skills.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 12-29-2008 at 12:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to APUG. Always great to hear about people using film for the first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond Va. It's great that you are to go film!

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you're from Billings, call the chief photographer from the Billings Gazette. He can help you get started in B&W film development and printing. He's a good friend whom I've know from back in the day when I worked for the Billings Gazette. The newspaper is all digital now, but most of the older staff photographers cut their teeth on film, developing and processing on deadline.

If you are nowhere near Billings, check with local high schools and colleges to learn if they are darkroom courses.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. As you've seen, there are lots of people with great amounts of knowledge here. Glad you decided to go with film!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to film----and to APUG.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Where are you at up in Montana? It's a big place. We have family in Dillon and Grandma and Grandpa have a place up on the Flathead.

Welcome to APUG!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Saskatchewan. I live just a hundred miles from the northeastern corner of your state. (Unfortunately, that seems to be by far the most unpopulated part of Montana. )
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i see G. A. S. in your future. Welcome to the forum, Montana.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin