Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,795   Online: 899

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a native Hoosier, now living in New Hampshire.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ted -- APUG is a great place to learn whatever you need to get you started.

I started getting serious about my photography when I was about 26 or 27, and since I was in Japan at the time, relied on books shipped over from North America to teach me what I needed to know. When I eventually came back to Canada I took a basic black and white darkroom class which helped, but the real learning curve started when I was able to spend several days a week in the darkroom, rather than two hours once a week. I've also done a few workshops (one day to a week) which were great for giving me the confidence and/or inspiration to try new techniques. Although I'm far from proficient, I think the best way to become proficient is to shoot, shoot, shoot, and print, print, print. I started with colour neg, to colour slide, and now I shoot black and white. Although I learned quite a lot with colour (and that was the only way to go since I didn't have a darkroom), I've learned more by developing and printing my own negatives, than by any other process.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    It was great to hear about all of your beginnings! Thanks to everyone for the input.

Especially nice to hear from all the Hoosiers! Go Big Red, er, Crimson.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. And that X370 is a great camera within a very modular system. You're gonna love it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ted.

I live in Zionsville, IN- just northwest of Indy. Welcome to APUG and the wonderful world of analog photography. If you want to get together some time to go shooting or work in the darkroom, drop me a note.

All the best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ted

Check out indianaphotographicsociety.com. More fine art photography people.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin