Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,466   Online: 830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Greets from Spain, been around for some time

Hey there, I just noticed today the existence of this part of the forum, I decided to do a little post, so you will know a bit more about me. I'm usually hanging around the "equipment" threads. No need for "hello, welcome"

I am currently 14 years old, and still learning (you just can't end learning all the photography out there ). Student (obviously) with a tight budget. A year ago I had enough spare money, but now... It just goes all to 35mm, I've got a nice uncle that pays all processing.

About my photography: I am a 35mm format shooter, no other format at the moment. Shooting lately portraits and people, but I'd prefer landscapes. Also I shoot anything else that makes me feel that it needs to be in film. At the moment don't have the time or patience do landscapes, when High school time ends, the sun is setting, and when I've arrived home, all the good light has gone. Summer may be another story.
    Shooting actually colour, but got an interest in B&W. In a month we're having carnival here, so I'll get some HP5 or TX. After now, I may split negative for B&W and slide for colour.

I guess I'll say see you around then.

It may be of interest, I posted this on the "Young APUGers" thread, more or less it the story of how I beecame a film shooter:
    I got interested in photography in mid Sept 08. Since august I started to look for a nice bridge to start aircraft spotting (aviation is another passion for me) so I needed Zoom. Somehow I started to learn the basics, and got interested in it. I Wanted a SLR, the Oly E420. But we had a family event, back in mid october, my grandaunt became 86 and we would have a celebration. Since I had no DSLR, and wanted to do serious photos, my dad let me to use his Nikon F401s SLR, and finally I bought 3 rolls of Ultramax. Impressed of the quality of film, I became interested, and since I like Olympus, took a look at their old SLRs, and here I am, since novemeber got my trusty OM-1 and since December got the complete triplet 28-50-135.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond, Va. I also like doing landscapes. I'm not a student, but I'm on a tight budget none the less. I hope you enjoy APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC! What part of Spain do you live in? Yo vivi en Segovia por dos veranos cuando era un poquito mas viejo. Quiero volver otra vez con mi camara de formata grande para sacar fotos del paisaje y los edificios en este parte del pais.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from the United States, and my compliments on your excellent English. It is a special pleasure to see young people on APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from western Massachusetts USA.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Welcome from Washington DC! What part of Spain do you live in? Yo vivi en Segovia por dos veranos cuando era un poquito mas viejo. Quiero volver otra vez con mi camara de formata grande para sacar fotos del paisaje y los edificios en este parte del pais.
    Well, Espa˝ol or English...
    Vivo unos 100 Km al sudeste de Barcelona.
    I was born in the Pyrenees but I live About 60 miles following the coast Sout-west of Barcelona, in Catalonia. A nice city, indeed. Here, in catalonia you can find a good variation of landscapes: mountain at the north, plains at the center, and coast. In the north, more menacing coasts full of liffs (costa brava) and in the southern Catalonia, lots of beaches, Cramped of tourists in summer.
    So, If you came here, and have the opportunity to stay a month, you would have a good variation of landscapes within 200 Km. I'm sure that you would enjoy the place. The only downfall is that if you stay a bit far of Barcelona (like me), Processing LF sheets would be expensive.

I've still not been in Segovia. It has to be nice though, let's see if someday I go and travel a bit. The farthest (on spain) I went is Zaragoza. Ironically enough I don't know 3/4 of spain and went various times to Asia; Because we do have some relatives there. If I talk about a trip and bringing lots of slide film, that's the place!
    Last time I went, I made very few snapshots with a crappy digi brick (compact). That's why I talk so hard about it, next time I go there, I'll photograph everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Welcome from the United States, and my compliments on your excellent English. It is a special pleasure to see young people on APUG.
    :rolleyes: Well, that much? I'm used to write English, but Oral, doesn't go that good. I have a spanish (terrible) speech

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bueno, debes viajar mas en Espanya (mi keyboard no tiene el enye). Segovia es casi otro mundo que Barcelona y la costa. I've also visited Sevilla, Salamanca, Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Granada, Malaga, Burgos, Avila, and a few other smaller places as well. RENFE is your friend- you can get all over the country for not very much money on the train, unlike here. I will have to visit Barcelona and Catalunya (isn't that how you spell it in Catalan?) on my next trip, as I haven't been to that part of Spain yet.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bienvenidos a la gropa.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saludos amigo!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG! (Scott, you show-off)! I would entertain you with my Spanish, but it is very limited to asking "Where is your dog?" hahaha
    Seriously it is GREAT to have you here!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin