Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,831   Online: 763

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Oxfordshire, UK.

Actually the Oxfordshire / Northamptonshire border.

This is rather belated as I joined almost 12 months ago, but never felt ready to introduce myself. I've just subscribed, so now's the time.

My route into photography came through video / ciné. What drew me to photography was that you could view the image without needing a intermediary device as you do with video or ciné (TV or projector). I liked that you could just see the image and even hold it. I started with a 35mm SLR and that's what I still shoot with, firstly colour developed at the high street, but soon B&W and after that my own darkroom in my bedroom.

Fast forward 2004 and I got married. A lot of moves and no darkroom meant my photography slowed right down. I don't think I shot a single roll in 2006. I tried digital in 2007 and hated the computer dominated post-processing side. In 2008 I moved to Sweden for 12 months, found this site, found a great shop: http://www.fotokompaniet.com and started shooting a lot more.

Back in the UK, we've just moved to a small house with a cupboard under the stairs. My wife thought 'vacuum cleaner storage' - I had other ideas! Suffice to say my idea won and I'm printing again!!

I like photo projects as they hold a body of work together and also enforce a type of rigour on your outlook. My projects for 2009 are still in their gestation stage.

My biggest regret was never trying half of those films that are now long gone.

Sorry for writing so much...

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve - welcome to APUG from western New England.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,

Welcome from London I understand that you are already well acquainted with the site, but just in case, some of us are gathering for a week-end in April in Cornwall. Details are there: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum137/...wal-visit.html

Best

Delphine

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Actually the Oxfordshire / Northamptonshire border.

Steve.
    Does that matter......:-) welcome and you have to have a sense of humour with this rotten weather.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome Steve, from just down the road...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from a bit further down a different road.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Steve, to our humble abode.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond, Va. I hope you enjoy APUG!

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin