Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,488   Online: 1126

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member ...

Hello to all. I just joined and look forward to all of you and your comments.
    John

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to us. We're sure to comment you
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome... By the way, I will pay you $15.00 for the Nikonos and whatever you have left from the garage sale find. That way you are free and clear of any expenditure with a $10.00 profit. You say "No"????

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Don even if he is new here, I'm not sure $15.00 is fair offer him $25.00.
    Welcome and good luck here, Show us what you got!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    Don even if he is new here, I'm not sure $15.00 is fair offer him $25.00.
    Welcome and good luck here, Show us what you got!
    Oh...O.K. ---but only if you think that is fair...

i am big into art and have mental images of wat i want things to look like but i cant transfer it from my mind to paper or clay or anything. so i decided i want to try photography. i want to do it the original way. black and white photos, home developed. it doesnt seem like art when u buy a $5 disposable camera and get it developed for $3. imy problem is that i dont know where to start. what kind of camera to buy, what i need for the darkroom, what kind of film i need. im just clueless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just start reading, and reading, pretty soon you'll get ideas, then the real trouble starts ;-)
    Gary Beasley

i know wat i want my pictures to look like, i know wat i want to take pictures of, i just need help on what kind of camera to get mainly. i dont want digital, i want good zoom, but other than that i know nothing about cameras. i just something i can put effort and heart into. when ur not doin the work in creating the pictures from stage 1 to the end i dont consider it to be art. i can understand taking digital pictures and modifying them and considering it to be art.

Images
    Welcome, your majesty

I think that everyone here, even those who have been involved in photography for decades, are constantly struggling to make their finished prints match the image that they see in their mind. Photography is a fascinating and rewarding form of creative expression that will challenge you all of your life. The more you learn, the more you realize that you don't know.

APUG is a great resource with many very accomplished creative photographers with a huge variety of backgrounds, interests and expertise. Just lurking here will expose you to a wealth of all aspects of photographic information. Questions almost always receive quick, helpul responses.

As far as not creating "Art" with a $5 disposable, a lot of talented photographers are doing some beautifully creative things with $10 Holga cameras.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we have a double Hello! here so welcome to both of you - jhastie from Wisconsin and queen_of_dragons2002 from lorain, ohio...BTW on the topic of creative work with a cheap camera (ok $100 is not cheap in my book) but Holga now has a version with a Polaroid back..could be pretty cool.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin