Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    A friend recomended this site to me and so here I am. I know she has great taste and I've looked around a bit. I am a Photographic Artist starving in the USA. I work primarilly in B+W very traditional, manual, un-cropped. My new camera is a 1977 Nikon F2A, I have a couple Fs also and a Nikkormat.
    Primary subjects motion and emotion, lots of people, some with clothes some without. LOL I am very serious but laugh a lot. My first book "All the Usual Subjects" was published in July of 2001. I also ramble on a little. Please have a look at my work, comment, question here or by email I hope to learn a few new things here and make some friends. enjoy pjc
    Peter J. Crowley
    Photographic Art and
    Select Assignments
    http://www.peterjcrowley.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello, and welcome here.

I don't know what you've got on that web site of yours, because my employer thinks I shouldn't be allowed to see it when at work. So I'll have to wait until I get home next week...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good luck and enjoy the site.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Images
    Hi Peter,

Enjoyed your site. I used to shoot a lot of performance art too, mainly ballet. I always found it enjoyable and very challenging.

I've been on APUG for over a year and can recommend it highly. I look forward to your contributions in the forum and gallery.

-Neal
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Hi Peter,

Glad you wandered over! I think you'll really like the Ethics and Philosophy Forum. Some very interesting discussions going on there, you might enjoy, in all your spare time. LOL

edye
    One should really use the camera, as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind.-Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome!! You have a very interesting web site with ... very .. uh ... DAMN!! fine work there.

I would be very interested in the "nuts and bolts" leading to the distortions in your color figure studies. How did you do that?

I seem to be one of the "oddballs" left in the field - though, possibly not TOO odd for APUG - I do *most* of my own color processing, as well as black and white.

Anyway, welcome!!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ole,
    Well there is nothing on my site except a few nudes. No violence. Let me know what you think when you get home. enjoy pjc

Ed,
    You are practically a neighbor. I don't process my own color but do all my own B+W. I rarely shoot color for myself except for the abstractions. The color prints are un-cropped straight C prints no post exposure minipulation. Think simple. I do always. Thanks for the compliment. I will give you the nuts and bolts tomorrow if you don't figure it out.
    Do you do E-6 or C41 or both? Cibachrome? enjoy pjc

Edye,
    Thank you for pointing me to this site, you truly have great taste and a fine eye. enjoy pjc

Hey Neal,
    I think that photographing dance is one of my biggest inspirations. I don't shoot enough of it lately. The Arts in Ct. and America in general are starving and so am I so it is difficult. I will be around here as much as time allows with an occasional ramble and rant. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
    enjoy pjc
    Peter J. Crowley
    Photographic Art and
    Select Assignments
    http://www.peterjcrowley.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Peter. Welcome to the group, even though I'm pretty new here myself. I don't know how I came to it, but I was somehow led to your gallery before, probably following some links somewhere. Nice work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjcrowley
    Ed,
    You are practically a neighbor. I don't process my own color but do all my own B+W. I rarely shoot color for myself except for the abstractions. The color prints are un-cropped straight C prints no post exposure minipulation. Think simple. I do always. Thanks for the compliment. I will give you the nuts and bolts tomorrow if you don't figure it out.
    Do you do E-6 or C41 or both? Cibachrome?
    I've done all three. Lately, most of MY color is done with C41 and RA4 chemistry. "C" prints - Ciba/ Ilfo/ chrome are endangered. That was the only chemistry I was ever really afraid of - and I made SURE I stayed that way!! Not many commercial labs left that will do it. I have done E6, but transparency work is not in much of a demand right now.

Your distortion - that I like so much ... I don't know ... I remember seeing work done through a water-filled frame covered with - I think it was Saran wrap... but I don't know .... possibly reflected from sheet mylar?

BTW ... My last figure session work was done not too far from you ... In Oxford, Mass.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin