Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,593   Online: 855

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dann from another anologous devotee in Australia (I thought Aberdeen was in Scotland...) :rolleyes:
    Dinosaurs? They were never extinct. They simply carried on quietly far from the madding crowd.
    I'm a great fan of the Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Black Pearl. I thought the ship was a tiny model floating around in a fish pond for the movie. Evidently not!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group, Dann.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dann, actually I haven't been fishing in many years, OK, decades, but as a kid I fly fished, steelheaded, trolled on the Challis River and surrounding rivers and lakes. The clam digging was great as was the Pheasant and Grouse hunting. So if it was under the sand or under the water or in the air I was taught to get it. My step grandfather was Norwegian and was the sportsman of sportsman. I was sent there for long Summers and into the Fall. It was an education that not many get. Before I could go fly fishing I had to cast into an old tire and tie my own flies. Before I could go steelhead fishing I had to go to town and capture my own night crawlers at the edge of the sidewalk and wet grass. I didn't have to load my own shot gun shells but I was expected to be accurate in my aim. I can still remember how my should felt the first time.

I have a Nirvana CD, Kurt Cobain was certainly one of a kind.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dann,

Welcome to APUG from a northern neighbor.

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Hi Dann from another anologous devotee in Australia (I thought Aberdeen was in Scotland...) :rolleyes:

I'm a great fan of the Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Black Pearl. I thought the ship was a tiny model floating around in a fish pond for the movie. Evidently not!
    Aberdeen?...Yah, it used to be in Scotland, but years ago a few guys hooked up Aberdeen to a group of tugboats and hauled it here to coastal Washington State...

Yup, "The Black Pearl" in the movie was actually "The Lady Washington". I've been on her a few times (but without the pirates ), and have found her to be slightly larger than a "tiny model".
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dann,

Welcome from Duvall, on the other side of Puget Sound...

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome, Dann! The Lady Washington visits our bay occasionally (Humboldt Bay/Eureka)...I took my three boys aboard...nice ship!

Vaughn

Sorry for the digital images below -- images are from 5 years ago (they were 7 years old).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Boy on Lady Washington.jpg   My Boy on the Dock, Lady Washington.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 03-17-2009 at 12:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard....from another Pacific Northwesterner. I'll be passing through your area the 1st full week in April. Starting at Whidbey Island and ferry over to the Olympic range, Neah Bay, rain forest etc, down the coast and cut over to Olympia then back to Arlington. I'll have the 4x5, Hassy (maybe the 6x9 if it's back from CLA in PA) and the digital gear. I try and do this each year in April/May. Last year I took a class in with B Barnbaum the year before I went to Montana...wonderful country we have on the west coast. Enjoy the journey.
    Robland - Seattle area

Insert "catch phrase" here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from northern Indiana.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's good to know that there are now TWO great photographers from Aberdeen. I'm sure that Lee Friedlander has felt pretty lonely all these years having had to bear the distinction alone!

We have Dungeness crabs and oysters up here in Anacortes, too, but you get to eat those yummy razor clams!

Larry Bullis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin