Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,581   Posts: 1,622,106   Online: 885

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Robland View Post
    Welcome aboard....from another Pacific Northwesterner. I'll be passing through your area the 1st full week in April. Starting at Whidbey Island and ferry over to the Olympic range, Neah Bay, rain forest etc, down the coast and cut over to Olympia then back to Arlington. I'll have the 4x5, Hassy (maybe the 6x9 if it's back from CLA in PA) and the digital gear. I try and do this each year in April/May. Last year I took a class in with B Barnbaum the year before I went to Montana...wonderful country we have on the west coast. Enjoy the journey.
    Dang...I always thought that the "Hassy" was only a 2&1/4 X 2&1/4 camera...A Hassy in 6X9 would be excellent. Many years ago I had one of those giant SLR Pentax 6X9 cameras and got some nice photos out of those large negatives.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    It's good to know that there are now TWO great photographers from Aberdeen. I'm sure that Lee Friedlander has felt pretty lonely all these years having had to bear the distinction alone!

We have Dungeness crabs and oysters up here in Anacortes, too, but you get to eat those yummy razor clams!

Larry Bullis
    Yah, Lee was born here, but moved to New York when I was just a couple years old, so I didn't have the chance to meet him and learn from him. I'm pretty much "self taught" in photography (aside from a couple years in Journalism class at Grays Harbor College, here in Aberdeen, back in the late 1980's, and a few seminars "here & there" over the years).

...Razor clams?...Yup, YUMMY, but I'll still take a fresh, fat, "cooked just right" Dungeness crab over a clam anyday..
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...Razor clams?...Yup, YUMMY, but I'll still take a fresh, fat, "cooked just right" Dungeness crab over a clam anyday..
    Me too but the Clam Chowder comes before the main course. Isn't local seafood great? How 'bout some smoked salmon on a cold fall day?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
    Dang...I always thought that the "Hassy" was only a 2&1/4 X 2&1/4 camera...A Hassy in 6X9 would be excellent. Many years ago I had one of those giant SLR Pentax 6X9 cameras and got some nice photos out of those large negatives.
    My confusion, add a comma between the Hassy and 6x9. The 6x9 is a 1950s vintage Voigtlander Bessa II. I have it in PA with "Certo6" for a CLA (clean, lube and adjust) I'm not sure if it will be back by time for the trip. Not a problem, 2 film and 1 digital is enough.
    Robland - Seattle area

Insert "catch phrase" here...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Me too but the Clam Chowder comes before the main course. Isn't local seafood great? How 'bout some smoked salmon on a cold fall day?
    Clam chowder...I make a GREAT clam chowder, but when I take my wife out for lunch, we go to a place here in Aberdeen named "Duffy's". I usually have a Rubin sandwich (served with potato salad), & a bowl of their clam chowder...VERY good.

Dang...Now I'm hungry..
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll have to look up Duffy's next time I'm in the area. The last time I had a Rubin sandwich I was in New York, the deli's there are beyond belief. Few places have clam chowder that's any good. The same with crab and salmon cakes if you can find any.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We moved up to Skagit from Seattle twelve years ago to the small town of Edison. One of our reasons for doing so was that we would be neatly positioned between two oyster farms, a few miles away in either direction. Best clam chowder recently was in Astoria. Somewhere I have the name of the place, but couldn't find it just now.

I bet it rains a lot more where you are. We get less here than Seattle, a bit more than Sequim, something like 20" / year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A late welcome from a former resident.
    My first nine years were spent on Bench Drive.
    I would really like to retire in my old home. I the rain and fog. People laugh when I describe growing up with 360 days of rain and 5 days of fog!
    Anyway, welcome to APUG! It's a great place to call home.

Dan
    ... Hmmm..., f5.13 @ 1/23 should do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin