Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,600   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since Iíve been clattering in and out of this site over the last week I thought it high time that I introduced myself. Like one or two others here Iím currently without a darkroom following a house move. However I hope to have one built during 2004, to provide some light relief from this keyboard thing. Having said that I must emphasise that I am not anti- DI, was once, but not anymore, I just except it. However I donít want to continue accepting the sub-standard monochrome prints that is all that I can wring out of my inkjet printer, pigment inks and all. Sorry about that whinge, not supposed to write about DI here are we, Oh dear! My main preoccupation at the moment is acting as webmaster (is that DI?) for the East Midlands Monochrome Group some of whose members, and supporters produce excellent pictures the proper way. Check out or site at http://www.emmg.graphy.org.uk and if you live within walking distance of Northamptonshire, drop in and see me. Here endith the commercial. When I do get out snapping itís with a Speed Graphic 5 x 4 that I have the most fun, and frustration.

Dave
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Dave and I hope you enjoy the forum. We are not anti DI either, we just know where it belongs in the general scheme of our photographic endeavours !! Shall look at the E.M. Group site in due course. I have entered for the Cotswold Monochrome Group without success but I hope to have another shot this year.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Dave I hope you enjoy the forum. I had a look at the EMMG site - very nice.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello there Dave - fancy meeting you here, eh?

I'm joining you with the disappointed in DI and rebuilding my Darkroom in 2004 thing, so we can both share our delights and frustrations here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave

Welcome. Had a look through your site. I like your roots shot a lot. I also saw some of Leons images on there.
    I am in Norwich and may make a trip over to one of your meetings.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks all, Yes Leon, construction of a darkroom is a very high priority for 2004, in my case a little garden landscaping has to take place first, to make space for the shed that will house it. Then I can get back to doing some proper printing.
    Phil, you will be made very welcome at any of the EMMG meetings, mind itís a fair walk from Norwich. Roots is a 5 x 4 shot, and a stop under exposed, so the shadows are a little too blocked, but it does give a solid low key effect. I shall post it to this site so others can comment.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin