Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,285   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome jouhar, that's great your going to take care of your Grandfathers work,I'v been doing that with my great uncles negs form the 30and 40's.
    Mike C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome indeed jouhar. Looks like you've got yourself a long term project there, and a very interesting one at that. Do let everyone know how you get along with it all.

Cheers,
    David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess I should just clarify - my first name is Kelvin.....my surname is Jouhar :-)

I tend to use just my surname when I register for all sorts of web stuff - it makes it easier, for me anyway !!

Regards
    Kelvin
    Kelvin Jouhar
    -------------
    "The art of looking at pictures can only be properly acquired by constantly looking at pictures"

My grandfather Dr S.D.Jouhar FRPS FPSA said this in 1946....See www.sdjouhar.com for a retrospective of his work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, Jouhar, I admire your grandfathers photographs very much!
    Fantastic images, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in the darkroom.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet you never photographed using 'analog' before in your life. You used film for traditional photography.

'analog' is BS. Call it film. The other stuff is pixelography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahfoto View Post
    Wow, Jouhar, I admire your grandfathers photographs very much!
    Fantastic images, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in the darkroom.

Thanks Sarah,

I have about 5000 negatives including glass plates from 1930's. I also have about 300 exhibition prints.
    Regards

Kelvin
    Kelvin Jouhar
    -------------
    "The art of looking at pictures can only be properly acquired by constantly looking at pictures"

My grandfather Dr S.D.Jouhar FRPS FPSA said this in 1946....See www.sdjouhar.com for a retrospective of his work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Howdy from Penna.
    got my first camera(Brownie Holiday) when I was 10. Been hooked ever since. I've led a blessed life, I met Ansel Adams at age 11 when living in northern N.M. Bought my first 35(Argus C3 brick)at a yard sale at 13 I think I paid a dollar, it had no light meter. That camera taught me much about exposure. My first darkroom came the same way-a yard sale at 15(its still the 60's). My firstslr was an Olympus FTL predating the OM. I've shot a few miles of celluloid, in many formats, and do not plan on stopping any time soon.
    SSOOO---keep your inner eye on soft focus, and shoot to satisfy your vision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin