Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

I am getting back into Analog Photography....

Hello to all,

I have two reasons for joining this forum - firstly, after a few years of digital, my interest in traditional photography has been re-kindled - I intend to start up a darkroom again, many years after I last developed and printed my own pictures. My father had a darkroom and when I left home about 30 years ago, my opportunities for photography diminished, and then I had a family - you know the story....but now I am picking up my Pentax Spotmatic where I left off !!

The second reason is that I inherited a huge amount of MF and 35mm negatives/transparencies and several hundred exhibition prints that were all created by my grandfather Dr S.D.Jouhar between 1930 and 1963. He was a prolific exhibitor in The London Salon (which he was invited to join in 1944) and also the RPS (see www.sdjouhar.com for some examples of his work)

I have been archiving his work and I have a ready supply of very interesting material that I can work with. My father started to do this about 20 years ago, but he died 9 years ago, before good quality scanners were available at a reasonable price, so he was never able to do much with the BW negs.

Anyway, I look forward to learning more and contributing to the forums where I can.

Best Regards to all,
    Kelvin Jouhar
    -------------
    "The art of looking at pictures can only be properly acquired by constantly looking at pictures"

My grandfather Dr S.D.Jouhar FRPS FPSA said this in 1946....See www.sdjouhar.com for a retrospective of his work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, and sounds like you have a lot of work to print!! You'll find good information here to get you back into the dark!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Kelvin, I look forward to seeing your photos! (I'm in the process of trying to scan all my transparencies and prints as well).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond Va!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG - and welcome back from the dark side!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for making the switch!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome... take your time with the archival work. It can really take a lot of time. Just wait till you start making your own prints again. You're going to love it here.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Welcome to the group, jouhar. We all look forward to hearing and learning from you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kelvin - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England. It's good to have you back in the dark again.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all very much for the kind words of welcome.

Perhaps I can just ask - which would be the most appropriate forum to post in if I want to get some opinions on the photgraphs on my "retrospective" website ?

Regards
    Kelvin Jouhar
    -------------
    "The art of looking at pictures can only be properly acquired by constantly looking at pictures"

My grandfather Dr S.D.Jouhar FRPS FPSA said this in 1946....See www.sdjouhar.com for a retrospective of his work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin