Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,847   Online: 701

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hola!! From TequilaBong (gordo)

So, this is the place to introduce myself.......

Hello, I'm Tequilabong.........Yes, I really enjoy Tequila, and yes, I really enjoy............getting creative.

I've been involved with BW for about 34 years......My first film I processed was Verichrome Pan.....126 I believe.......And it's been quite a journey since. The nice thing I've found....BW really hasn't changed.....Sure, T-films, a few new developers, papers.....but the guts are the same. That is one of the reasons I'm a BW supporter. And if anyone wants to start a petition that will prohibit Wedding/Portrait Photographers from calling digital conversions "black and white" line me up. To me it is almost a lie....I think we all know what I mean. And quite a disservice to traditional BW photographers.

Anyway, I've specialized in Fine Art BW portraiture for some time now, most known for doing Mom's and newborns, with a touch of hand coloring. (other hand colorists, let me know).... Some commercial stuff for agencies, a little landscape, some product stuff, (ok, that is color) and lots of architectural shoots. But my love and heart is in the darkroom. Most always print Fiber for clients, and do the usual selenium and or sepia toning. Drymount, Cut my mats, do my own framing, etc

Process usually with a Jobo CPP2, (have just acquired an ATL 1500), use a Durst M70 Vario enlarger, but also have recently picked up two Beseler 45MX's with Color heads, and Omega B8, and another Durst M70 with color head......It sure is a great time to get deals on darkroom stuff.....

One thing I've never attempted is Lith Printing. I see lots of folks love it. I'm still not sure what it is?? Or what it does??

99% of my work is MF, using Pentax 645 for location, and RZ67 for studio....(pertaining to people). I just recently picked up a 4x5 sinar F with a few lenses, so I"m going big for my landscapes.....

Is this enough info?

This site is great!!

G.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group. Hopefully you will be able to tolerate our oft time zany antics. Hullo, there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond, Va. I have done hand coloring, but not very good at it. I don't have a RZ67 but do have a RB 67!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome.... I'm looking forward to seeing your portrait work. Oh.. and I just saw a demo of lith printing. It looks pretty easy, basically a different developer and knowing just when to "pull" the print!! Use the search function... I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads on it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Indiana in the USA.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice you've found APUG, welcome from cold Northern Europe, have fun with us!

Cheers

André

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin