Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,072   Online: 703

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Greetings from New England

Hello all.

I was very happy to strumble across this site as I was doing research into whether I was going to dive back into 'analog' or 'chemical' photography.

I realized after beginning to scan all my old fire negatives with a decent scanner (CoolScan IV) that as much progress as has been made in technology, when shooting digital it seems you're thinking about everything except what you're shooting. TMI floating through your head.

So after a bit of soul searching I decided that if I wanted to up my game in my landscape stuff I should seriously consider medium format. Looking through fleaBay only heightened my desire, seeing the prices of Hassy's and other great cameras. I'm awaiting delivery of a Fuji 645, and now will bide my time on a Hasselblad or other boat anchor.

I live in North Central Massachusetts and don't have to travel far for decent photo ops (my back yard abuts at least a few hundred acres). In fact I have a gallery on my website titles "Within a Mile of Home" which is stuff shot damn near my house.

Having spent plenty of time in a darkroom and having hand printed color, that is a possibility for the future.

Keep up the good work and the great threads. I'll try to keep my electrons to myself until I start shooting again in the chemical realm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Welcome to the group. There's a very active group of APUGers there in NE.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, firstdue. As Chris says, we're a very active cell of the APUG conspiracy. I'm sure others will chime in, but let me be the first of the NEAPUG group to invite you to check out the regional forum for upcoming gatherings. If I'm not mistaken, papagene is gathering some folks for a shot at the Quabbin this weekend.

Welcome aboard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello firstdue, welcome from a little north.
    The NEAPUG contingent aren't strangers from each other for very long at a time.
    In addition to Gene's Quabbin outing, if you'd like a total immersion in analog, come over to Brattleboro on World Pinhole day.
    (not an "official" NEAPUG event, but I'm working hard at getting folks over there)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome firstdue from another in north central Mass!
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 04-03-2009 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from northern Indiana!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a former NEAPUGer. In fact, it's their fault I went from MF to LF.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks boys and girls. I will keep in touch withthe regional activities, but I have always tended to be a soloist. Maybe because I do like being around people and things I just get too distracted to shoot......

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome firstdue to APUG. I grew up in north central Mass, but live in Homer Simpsonville now. As others have said, we try to keep active in our down east corner of the country. Looking forward to meeting you someday soon.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi firstdue

another nepugger here, but i am outside of providence ..
    drewb is a former jake ( i think ) , and also a nepugger ...
    he should be here in a second ...
    great website btw !

john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin