Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,957   Online: 888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hell APUGers

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hell APUGers

Hello, my name is Jonas, I am 25 years old and I live in Germany.

Rumor has it that as a baby my very first favorite toy was the leg of an tripod. No tripod - no sleep!
    So its not surprising that photography and the tools used for it soon became a serious hobby of mine.

My father is a graphic designer, so there were always professional fotographers among the acquaintances of my parents. So, as time went by, there was the one or other beaten up camera to get my hands and tools on.
    Besides fixing things to death, I was allowed to use my father's Nikon F3. When I was around 12 or 13, I bought my first SLR camera, a Nikon F-301.

Some years ago I noticed that the paper prints of my negs went from OK to "very poor". Well, I decided to buy a small P&S digital camera and some time later ended up using it on a tripod in the M mode with a grey card :rolleyes:. What a silly waste of time. The difference to the crappy printouts from 35mm film to these noisy files I got is, that my original photograph was crap.

This era is over since exactly one month. I boght a 4x4 Rollei on the flea market because it looked so nice. At first I did not realize it at all, it was the shiny original packing that catched my eye. The camera was used with care and the innards had no need for a CLA.

I love functional things. No battery, no USB connector and (best of all) no *ing firmware .

Within one day I sold the digital crap and bought another Flex, a 2,8F in bad condition with plenty of accessories. I CLA'd it and bought another, minty 2,8F as general backup or for other film type when needed.
    I found out that there is a good professional lab in my city, so the thing with poor quality prints will hopefully end by now. They also have a nice choice of various film formats stored in a fridge.

I promise, as long as there is film to buy and a good lab around, I will never ever get a digital camera. My daily job is in the process automation and when I have the luck of the sun still shining when I go out the office, I don't want a camera that is telling me what I want to focus on and what shutter time / aperture I want to use.

And now, here I am

/edit: I am sorry, of course the topic should be "hello APUGers"
    Last edited by Lightproof; 05-04-2009 at 02:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Actually I liked the title. Welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Montana.
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also like your title! Welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the forum!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington, DC.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hell APUGers? Yes we're all doomed, this place is like heroin, run away while you still can. <insert smiley face but I hate smiley faces>

Welcome from Richmond (California).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Indiana in the USA.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jonas - Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hell, yeah!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin