Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,380   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

You just popped the loaded question of the day. Try Ansel Adams' "The Negative".
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Oh, and CiM. The link is down there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello James, I grew up in Jacksonville, still have family there. Which town are you in?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome. Take it slow and easy; give yourself the opportunity to learn from lots of mistakes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When it comes to books, visit your local public library. Borrow or sit there and read all they have. Take notes on techniques that interest you. In the meanwhile SHOOT whatever interess you. Keep a note pad and record as much as you remember. Compare your notes with what you've shot. If you like the results , do it some more. If unliked, dont do it again. The only book I'd recomend is the National Geographic field guide for B&W photography. Oh yeah-- Welcome from the land of the endless mountains of north central Pennsylvania.
    Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome James from California. The most important piece of advise has already been offered by AnscoJohn. HAVE FUN! If it's not fun there's no reason to do it.
    Shoot lots of film. Film is cheap.
    By all means look at the work of others. When you see images that you (not others) find excellent, ask yourself what makes it so.
    Most of all,
    ENJOY,

Larry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Heya from Denver. Actually, I spend a lot of my time in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I was there in February recording with Earl Cate and a whole cast of characters.

- CJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    James - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from northern Indiana and have fun on APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi James and welcome from Bruxelles Belgium - It's so obvious but a good start would be to read a lot. Books about the technical aspects, books about great photographers and then go out and give it a start. First take pictures of what you like most. If you're interested in sports then take pictures of that. A lot. The more the better. Seek frank opinions about your production. Don't hesitate to break the rules by a different approach. For instance, use a wideangle to shoot sports, use a telelens for landcape. I find that human interest brings good pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin