Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 810

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

self confessed addict

Hi, my name is Paul and I live in the foothills of Norfolk.
    I have a problem.

I think I'm addicted to cameras, film, and chemicals. When I go in to town, I often visit a local s/h camera shop. Like any drug dealer, he keeps trying to tempt me with lenses, cameras, and other gadgets.

The latest is a Wista technical camera. Heavy, but really pretty.. I already have a tatty old MPP that I'm struggling to get to grips with, but the Wista is soooo pretty...

The freezer is already full of 120 film and I've just had another fix of FP4+ (5x4 sheet), but the Wista is so pretty to look at...

Please, I need help.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

There, there, now. Around here we call it G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome). Take two rolls and call us in the morning. Welcome to APUG.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 05-06-2009 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Paul,

Addiction to cameras is not a recognised disease. No cure! So you better feel good about it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul - hello and welcome to APUG... you'll get plenty of sympathetic ears here but not much help, as we are all in the same boat!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, Welcome to APUG. I think all of us have at least a little bit of G.A.S. I can't get enough gear! I especially like the old cameras.
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Paul, I'm addicted to film also!

Jeff

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Errr....foothills of Norfolk? Isn't the highest spot about 300 feet? North coast near Cromer.

I'll be in that area this fall. Maybe we can get together and go mountain climbing. I'll show you my camera, if you'll show me yours!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Hi, my name is Paul and I live in the foothills of Norfolk.
    I have a problem.

I think I'm addicted to cameras, film, and chemicals. When I go in to town, I often visit a local s/h camera shop. Like any drug dealer, he keeps trying to tempt me with lenses, cameras, and other gadgets.

The latest is a Wista technical camera. Heavy, but really pretty.. I already have a tatty old MPP that I'm struggling to get to grips with, but the Wista is soooo pretty...

The freezer is already full of 120 film and I've just had another fix of FP4+ (5x4 sheet), but the Wista is so pretty to look at...
    Please, I need help.

No you are as normal as can be. You are just a man with needs and its those who keep tempting you and wanna sell stuff to you instead of giving it to you for free that needs help, they are really sick criminal minds. At least thats what I keep telling myself over again
    Welcome to APUG
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is no better support group for GAS sufferers than APUG.

We'll have you on 8x10" within a week, wet plate within a month.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that if you're always looking at gear you're not happy with your photographs. This could be because you can't appreciate your own work, but it might also be because you need to refine your shooting style and quality. If it's the later, than shoot more and get happy with your style and quality of your photos, which means stop looking at gear and get out there shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin