Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,848   Online: 883

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello APUG. :)

Shooter
    35mm

Hello APUG. :)

I never knew about this site until recently. I was talking to a bud about selling an enlarger, and he said I should come here. One google search after, here I am, and this community really seems great and knowledgeable.

I'm only 19, myself, and not an active film shooter (yes, blasphemy, I'm sure), but would definitely like to get back into it one day. I've got several Nikon 35mm cameras, a Rolleiflex, and a similar Yashica-mat, which I never plan on getting rid of. I used to shoot a lot, my stepdad used to take me out to places in the Everglades very often. Back then my bathroom was converted into our darkroom. Was really cool. Hell, we still have a freezer full of film in our garage. ;D

Sadly, though, those times are over, and my parents have delegated the responsibility of selling the darkroom equipment to me. It's somewhat of a painful experience. Someday, though, I know I'll make my own darkroom...

Ramble, ramble, blah blah. Anyways, happy to be here, you might see me in the classifieds in a few days when I get my stuff all organized and cleaned up.

ps. Anybody know how much a beseler 45M goes for with a 45s colourhead?

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, and think long and hard before you sell that enlarger. You may regret it!! Especially if you hang out here!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG! I agree with Suzanne, don't sell your engarger you might regret it. I had an 1967 Mustang which I sold many years ago and I've been regreting ever since.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG; I too, am a new member. You'll love everything this site has to offer. By the way, I concur with the above postings... hold on to your enlarger!

Cheers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. About the enlarger, I wish it were so easy as just keeping it, but we have no space for it here. Not exactly a small object, as I'm sure you guys know ;D.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As the French say, when there is a will there is a way. Hang on to the enlarger

Welcome on APUG!

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I've got a Beseler 23C (II) that I'm also planning on getting rid of, so maybe at best I'll only get rid of one of them.

Thanks for the welcome.

edit:

cute, ain't it?
    Last edited by numberoneoppa; 05-16-2009 at 03:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah, such a young soul with all of the G. A. S. material sitting around just waiting to be fed. You could always send me the YMat to give it some TLC in the meantime. ;p

Welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Hehe, I don't think I'm letting that one go right now. ;D

Thanks for the welcome, Chris.

Images
    Good Afternoon, numberoneoppa,

Keep the enlarger! Even if you have to dismantle it temporarily so that it can be stored more compactly, you'll eventually be thankful.

Konical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin