Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,529   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another foerigner living Dutch
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    about 3 y.a. I received a message from Thermaphot that they were going to stop their business and that it would be wise to order some spare parts for the running machines.

Well that's what I did.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Josef, welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Josef!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Robert, it is indeed a 302.
    To Thermaphot, the company does still exist, but they do not produce new machines anymore to my knowledge. Mr. Kuemmerl (owner) has still the company up and a pile of spareparts and did the maintainance on my machine.
    Just a word of warning for all snapping up Thermaphots for next to nothing on ebay, the rubber on the rollers has a certain lifespan, and when they need replacement, well, they are about 40 euros a piece, and there are a lot of them in a machine......on the other hand side its a joy to use especially for colorwork. Colorpaper is quite cheap actually, and the quality is in an other world compared to the minilab prints one gets from the minilabs that scan the film and then expose a print.

I think I will not go through the hassle to adjust the machine to B/W and do it in trays, its running fine now on the color process and I dont want to f*** that up :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed the rubber of the rollers has a certain lifespan and is the cause when you have dichroïtic fog with your Thermaphot machine.

The hussle from B&W to RA-4 is mainly a very good flush of the two trays and rollers in the machine and a clean filter.
    Working with a Thermaphot is pretty fast: 2x30S till 2x45S depending on the system and chemicals.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I did not take the time on my machine, but I guess 5x45sec + a bit for the dryer where the nice thing is that you can turn on the light and do something else when the paper is in the machine...... where I have a question for darkroom light with color materials, currently I do it in the dark *g*, but recently aquired a Osram 10? natrium lamp, anybody expirience with that lamp? I will do a fogging test anyhow, but I have hope that this works out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the same lighting DuKa 10 Osram Sodiumlight of 590nm. Due to the fact the actual color RA-4 papers are very sensitive your mechanical diafragmn of the light must be on 2-5% to prevent fogging of the paper.
    It takes about a few minutes till the sodium light is on full intensity.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I will give this a try on the lowest possible setting and report back how it went. My 2c is ready, and my Kienzle head should hopefully arrive soon....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Josef - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin