Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 740

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hello from the Netherlands

Hello to the community ;-)
    I have been lurking for a while, now it was time to join. I take pictures on 135, 120 and all kinds of polaroids. Recently I extented my Darkroom for colorprinting (Thermaphot) and love it. Camerawise I also suffer from the occasional spurt of G.A.S. but mainly i use Leica & Hasselblad, Mamiya for Polaroids.

I mainly try to take reportage style pictures, people in their environment. But not too dogmatic about it, if I see a nice landscape, I press the shutter too ;-) I do most of my own printing, but am a little lazy in the film-development department, B/W and Color outsourced.

Josef

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Josef, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada! I'm sure APUG will fuel whatever G.A.S you currently suffer from. ;-)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome from Holland too!
    This forum has also dutch part which can be handy in some situations.

Willie Jan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Willkommen hier bei Apug!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Welcome from Holland too!
    This forum has also dutch part which can be handy in some situations.

Willie Jan
    min neederlands is niet so gut :-) I understand it fairly well, but speak little and write less....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Welcome Josef, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada! I'm sure APUG will fuel whatever G.A.S you currently suffer from. ;-)
    I am afraid I have to stay away from all forums LF/Panoramic.......... sometimes I am happy my largest enlarger is 6x9 and there is really no space for a 4x5 ::rolleyes: but actually, if I would get rid of the V35............

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello welcome.

I also work with a Thermaphot (ACP252) both for color printing and B&W. For camera's I am using Leica (M) and Mamiya.

Best regard and maybe:
    Tot ziens

Robert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Robert,

I certainly remember you from a more aeh "Leica-centric" forum :-) I am quite excited as in 2 weeks I "reserved" 4 days in my darkroom to do some printing and fire up the Thermaphot (I have a 305). I would have a question concerning Thermaphot and B&W, how do you change your settings and what chemicals do you use? I have it currently set to 36 deg and 45 sec, it was at Thermaphot for Service and Adjustment just some months ago.
    I would not mind to use it for B&W too, except I think it will only work for RC paper.

Josef

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suppose you have a 302 (30cm wide, 2 bath)

Standard RA-4 you run indeed on 2x45S on 34-36 degrees C.
    I tried out with Amaloco K43, room temperature RA-4 2x30S 27 degrees C but you have a lot of fall out of the chemicals polluting the roller. BTW Amaloco color chemicals are not available anymore.

B&W you can run on 30 degrees C AM6006, X55 on 2x30S.

You have to flush a lot when changing over from RA-4 to B&W and vice versa.

The weakest point of the 2 bath Thermaphot is dichroïtic fog. It is caused by contaminated fix when the rollers are not tight enough. You can see it from Yellow stains on the B&W photo paper. You can remove it with Sodiumsulfite.
    I have some extra set of rollers, ordered by Thermaphot before they stopped the bussiness.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    ..., ordered by Thermaphot before they stopped the bussiness.
    Robert,

What do you mean by this?
    The 302 is still being offered by Thermaphot. Though that does not necessarily mean that it is still manufactured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin