Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,948   Online: 1116

Thread: Hello

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi from a new member.

My name is Dave Morrow and I live in Stonehaven, Scotland (just south of Aberdeen). I am originally from Belfast, N-Ireland but moved to Scotland 14 years ago.

I have been interested in photography for about 10 years. Joining a local camera club last year has really rekindled my interest. Camera club competitions mean I am producing a lot more prints and I am picking up a lot of improvement tips.

Although I have been using digital techniques since 1998, I have recently gone back to film and the darkroom. As I work in IT I found that spending time in front of a computer all evening wasn’t very satisfying. I was able to crank out loads of prints, but it was beginning to feel like a chore rather than a hobby. I have now gone back to my darkroom - only 1-2 full prints a week but I find it much more satisfying. (Although my family snapshots are still digital).

I found Apug.org by the recommendation in Black and White Magazine. I have been lurking for a few weeks and have found the information really useful. I will try to put up an image in the coming weeks for critique.

Cheers,

Dave.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    welcome dave. I'm sure you'll like it here.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Dave, welcome. You seem to be moving in the right direction although I am not sure about the camera club competitions. You know what those judges are like !!
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can be quite disheartening when a judge dislikes your work (I know you shouldnt take it personally, but human nature dictates otherwise). However, I have found that a number of similar criticisms do come up every month and I do find this useful for improving basic technique.

I haven't punched a judge yet! They are normally bigger then me ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome dave,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dave. I knew someone was watching me..
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dave - I enter camera club competitions to see what absurd things the judges will say.
    juan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin