Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,559   Online: 1295

Thread: A late hello

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My name is Chuck Porter and I have been using Apug for only two or three weeks now---so I though I would formally introduce myself. I have just recently returned to the hobby of photography and am so greatful that I found Apug-----a digital free zone! I first went to Western Kentucky University as a photojournalist major in 1982, but I was too young and a stupid about photography to go anywhere with it. After returning to it as a hobby, I found myself getting very frustrated in the digital realm. So, here I am. I feel completely in tune with what I'm doing and am pleased with my knowledge base since returning to the hobby, but I am always ready to learn more from the more experienced people that I have been listening to on Apug.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Chuck. I once lives in Paris and then Winchester circa 1938. Went thru basic at Ft Knox before trans to Navy. I too thought once to study journalism but as an engineer I ate better. I am being pushed kicking and screaming into the Millennium and all that d------ jazz. I prefer the real world - very little virtual, thanks.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome - a lot of us are back after a time away.
    juan

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome, hope you continue to enjoy the site.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin