Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,883   Online: 1033

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

darkroom newb from houston

hello all, I just purchased a bronica 645 and I am uber excited to start shooting film. Especially developing my own b&w film. I heard there is a ton of information about that type of thing here ....

Anyways, I'm a young engineer during the day and act like a photographer when not at work. My wife and I run a small wedding photography business and I am trying to convince her that medium format is the way for the business...she's not biting. But, i'll start with us shooting the bronica for fun and developing the film together (she loves the darkroom).

looking forward to getting to know you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! People have been using medium format for weddings for a long time,

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, from near Washington, DC.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Hello and welcome to APUG! People have been using medium format for weddings for a long time,

Jeff
    yeah i know. my wife just thinks film is dead. oh well...we'll just take it one step at a time. we will see whose pictures she likes after a winter northern arizona/southern utah trip this winter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome. There is a strong film group in the Houston area... we will win your wife over to the darkside!!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from SE WI and good luck. The film will outlast the average marriage nowadays.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get her involved now, says this middle aged engineer. Then she won't get on you case for being in the darkroom all of the time once kids are on the scene. Plus the added joy of working overtime so that you know that the efforts of your young engineers are not being wasted, or are getting too far off course in what you have assigned to them. I find that I can manage about one or two nights in the dark room these days, with three people under me at work, and kids 6 and 9 at home.

Glad you found us. There are a ton of knowledge sharing people here. Pluss there is a distinct lask of pissing match style that often seems to pop up on other photo web sites.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Tell your wife that since everything is bigger in Texas, you should move up to 4x5.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome,
    I am in Houston as well. What part of town are you in?
    I am a film guy, using most formats. I also use digital (sorry APUG'ers). I have a complete darkroom in my home, so let me know if you need any help or have any questions.
    Best,
    Steve
    www.scdowellphoto.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin