Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 929

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Hello from the Washington, DC Suburbs

Hey all.

I'm 16 and from Northern Virginia. I toyed around with my grandfather's old 35mm SLR earlier in the year and became interested in learning how to use it properly. He gave it to me with his blessing and it's been my main interest ever since. I'm not a good photographer by any means but I love it and I've got quite a long time to improve.

I shoot with:

Mamiya-Sekor 500DTL
    Mamiya C33
    Zeiss-Ikon Maximar 107/1
    Various really cheap cameras

I've got no darkroom experience but that'll change soon; I'm going to go heat up the water to mix up some D-76 after I type this. I use Efke sheet film in the Maximar and I want to be able to process it on my own. Here's to improvised darkrooms in the basement bathroom.

Anyway, I hope to find friends here and learn a lot. I'm eager to learn all I can, and spend most of my free time reading, experimenting, and studying to learn more and more. I'm glad to be here and I hope a lot of good comes from this. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello from the other Washington, and welcome!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC! It's always great to see another local face. There's a tremendous amount to be learned here on APUG, but don't get so caught up in chatting here that you forget to go out and shoot and apply what you've learned! If you want to go out and shoot sometime, drop me a line and I can plan a group outing with some of the other APUG folks here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Stanwood, Washington!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Welcome from Washington DC! It's always great to see another local face. There's a tremendous amount to be learned here on APUG, but don't get so caught up in chatting here that you forget to go out and shoot and apply what you've learned! If you want to go out and shoot sometime, drop me a line and I can plan a group outing with some of the other APUG folks here.
    Thanks a lot! I'd love to take you up on the offer sometime in the future - as of now, I'd just be a burden. I'd certainly be interested in watching some of the more advanced practitioners at work and picking up some tips when I know more of what I'm doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    I just developed my first negative..

I can't really think of anything to say. That was incredible.

I'm hooked. Time to do some more..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, Byron, I have printed in many improvised darkrooms, at home and on the road. One thing I learned: the brightest light commonly encountered by photographers is the crack under the darkroom door.
    Advice: stick to the same film with all those cameras. And stick with D76 for a loooooonnnnnggg time. And lastly; have fun!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! I'm glad you did your first negative, keep it up.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From a former resident of northern Virginia, but now in New England... welcome! It's always good to see young people learning to shoot and soup film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin