Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,966   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All,

This is a rather late intro....I mean, I've only been lurking and posting for the last year or so. Oh well, better late than never.

My name is Craig Koshyk. I am an artist, professional photographer (commercial, fashion) and educator (I own PrairieView School of Photography www.prairieview.ca).

I am a long time dark room addict and chronic abuser of alternative processes. That is not to say that I am anti-digi, I use bits, bytes and pixels for work everyday. For my personal work though, I just love my darkroom with its stinky chemicals, 25 year old vinyl albums and all the other great stuff with which i surround myself under the orange safe light.

I am also a dog nut. Yes, dogs. My wife and I have three. Two Weimaraners and an Epagneul de Pont Audemer (a what?....go to http://homepage.mac.com/ckoshyk/Ponto.htm to find out about the breed and to see some of my photos)

I am a great fan of this site, checking in almost every day. I will be taking possession of a good scanner soon so I hope to post some of my work to the gallery.

In the meantime I will continue to lurk and occasionally post.

Cheers!

Craig

Shooter
    Medium Format
    from one dog-nut to another - welcome

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Craig,

You've got quite an impressive facility. I am quite jealous... you should see our dungeon... I mean, school. Very impressive images as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We are big dog people also, Ours go everywhere we can take them.. Enjoy the site a show what you got!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Let me know if your ever in Calgary. We have monthly meeting of the Large Format Users Group. It would be nice to have you as a guest speaker sometime, or just get out and do some shooting.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    Let me know if your ever in Calgary. We have monthly meeting of the Large Format Users Group. It would be nice to have you as a guest speaker sometime, or just get out and do some shooting.
    Eric, Eric, Eric. We in Canada photograph - our friends to the south shoot. :-D

(ducking, and running for cover)
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey my cameras are registered! Are yours? Remember cameras don't shoot people, photographers do.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Images
    Hello Craig

My wife, son and I are owned by five Mutts. here on the Navajo reservation four would be called Pure Bred Rez Mutts, each comeing from the means streets of a town on the reservation. The fifth was sprung from the joint. This does not include the three strays we feed that show up around dinner time. Anyone want a nifty mutt?

OOps hit the submit button instead of the preview.

Nice photos. Infact your composit nude is the first composite I have seen that I liked.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Craig: You are in the "real" Canada, I see. Gotta have dogs there. We have two, one Shetland Sheep Dog (our protector who might take a nip if you trespass uninvited. The other is a black Labrador Retriever who will give you the house keys. We live in the Maryland swamp on the Eastern Shore.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Craig, missed you last month when you were in to the Montreal Deli - maybe next time. We are a Standard Schnauzer family here.
    Brian McDowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin