Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,095   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Brother, I hear 'ya. Last year I trading a 3 month old Nikon D700 for a M6 and an F5. Never looked back.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. My current plan is to shoot these old film SLR's until Fuji quits feeding them LOL. It's somewhat comforting to know that somebody else out there still thinks that film photography is worthwhile, and that I am not the only one.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jared, welcome, and I've moved your thread to the introductions area. It's under the "General Discussions".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check out my last post: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...tml#post886063

WELCOME!!!!!
    You will find the people here are more then willing to help you. It's pretty amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jared, welcome back.

Probably while you were away from film, Fuji discontinued the production of Velvia 50 (RVP50), but due to high levels of protests, and requests for its return, they reintroduced it. So hopefully you should find it around for a while yet.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by snallan View Post
    Hi Jared, welcome back.

Probably while you were away from film, Fuji discontinued the production of Velvia 50 (RVP50), but due to high levels of protests, and requests for its return, they reintroduced it. So hopefully you should find it around for a while yet.
    Yes, I read about that. The original RVP was still in production back in 2004 when I left for digital, and when I returned in 2009 it is now called Velvia 50. I also noticed now that there are various flavors of Velvia 100, I'm not sure when those came out. Hopefully Fuji won't make that mistake again LOL. At first I read that the newer RVP50 was reformulated due to some of the ingredients being bad for the environment, and I've also read that some of the ingredients became too expensive. So I'm not sure exactly why they discontinued it, Velvia has always been a good seller as far as I know. In my niche of photography (landscape), Velvia is far and away the most popular, and has been since its introduction. I've shot quite a bit of the original stuff, and now about 5 rolls of the newer, and I can't say I can tell the difference.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forget the technical and go with the flow... welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    ... At first I read that the newer RVP50 was reformulated due to some of the ingredients being bad for the environment, and I've also read that some of the ingredients became too expensive. So I'm not sure exactly why they discontinued it, Velvia has always been a good seller as far as I know. ...
    Jared
    Yes, the rationale Fuji published certainly made out that the formulation could no longer be supported economically, for various reasons. But the reformulation only seemed to come about after a period of protest from loyal users. So hopefully Fuji will be less inclined to discontinue the new formulation. Despite being primarily a B&W user, I am a bit of a fan of Velvia 50 myself.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Jared, welcome to APUG, from SE WI
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin