Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,384   Online: 876

Just found out about this site a couple days ago. I have been active in another large well known photo site for the last couple of years, and I am amazed at how actually informative and civil the discussions are on this site. Gee, people are helpful and nice to each other! I look forward to posting some images and joining the discussions.

I am yet another babyboomer who started photography in the late 60's and sometime in the 80's took about 20 years off to raise a family, go to school, work on the house, etc. I still have all my Nikons and lenses, a beautiful old Yashicamat, and my trusty Calumet 4x5, bought new in 1972.

I live in St. Paul, MN

I enjoy black and white: nature/still life, natural light portraits with 35mm.
    Steve J Murray

Images
    Welcome to the best photography site on the net!
    hi!

Images
    Welcome.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You're not likely to find a group of people more interested in friendly, informative discussion than here (well, outside of lfphoto.info, anyway ). Welcome!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Steve Murray"]Just found out about this site a couple days ago. I have been active in another large well known photo site for the last couple of years, and I am amazed at how actually informative and civil the discussions are on this site.

I left a well established site some while ago for two main reasons:-
    The content was invasive in that you received all messages into your system
    and
    The tone of the language at times left a lot to be desired.
    Not only is this one informative but members do show some respect to one another.
    Anyway, welcome and continue to enjoy this forum !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin