Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,452   Online: 908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    That sounds a bit kinky, and illegal in most southern states.
    I deny it.
    That Hen is lying.
    I was never even in that Boat
    Besides, I was drunk.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Jeanette
    I am also from Wisconsin. I just rebuilt my home dark room after taking a class from the local community college that did just what you explained, no real instruction. I have found this forum very benificial for someone who is just getting back into the darkroom process. That and ebay I should say.
    What I miss in SE Wisconsin though is a decent photography store selling darkroom supplies (chemicals and paper etc.) Have you had any luck?

I am very new to B&W photography with a newly built darkroom. I'd taken classes at a local commuinty college, but they were basically "here's how to develop film/here's how to make prints" classes...no real instruction. As a result, I'm reading books, and looking here & there for input.

I'm from Wisconsin so there are many opportunities for b&w cow photos
    and great changes of season! I look forward to learning & perhaps posting a few of my "newbie" pics for help!

Jeanette[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    Are you in the Milwaukee area?? I've been getting my stuff from Mike Crivellos on Bluemound. The selection is kind of sparse, but they (fortunately) had what I needed. I think they will order things, but I am concerned as well for the lack of stuff. I've also noticed that Art's Camera on Silvernail (in Waukesha) is carrying some stuff. Where did you take your class? WCTC?? If so, we have probably met! haha
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, WI cheese is better than CA cheese, but, ah... the wine from CA...

Yes, I also belong to the Ilford site... no such thing as too much knowledge!

Ah, Flotsam! We meet again (with a hen; in a boat....)

Jeanette
    I have never tried WI cheese but until you have tried a mature Scottish Cheddar you have not lived.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PS

Welcome to the forum. I have only been a member for a couple of months but have already found it very useful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss
    I have never tried WI cheese but until you have tried a mature Scottish Cheddar you have not lived.
    Oh, absolutely! The mature-r the better! My husband is the wine afficionado of the house; I am the cheese afficionado. Thanks for the welcome!
    Jeanette

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm in Madison and there are a couple of stores (Camera Company, Star Photo) that carry supplies, but I still have to order most stuff from BH or PhotographersFormulary and others. If you need standard Kodak/Ilford chemicals and paper the Camera Company usually has them. But good luck finding a graded fiber paper. Star Photo on Willy Street seems to have the most stuff.

Best,

William
    "I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up! I occasionally get to *Mad-town* and will hunt down those sources.
    Jeanette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin