Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain
    Obsessive/Compulsive Pursuits including photography.
    Nice! You'll fit right in around here!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Clive,
    welcome,as a 99.99% of the time IR shooter these days I enjoyed your site and it's content.Am looking forward to your input on IR-(you use Kodak,I mainly Maco) on the new Infrared forum....hmmmm good idea Gary
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clive,
    Welcome to the site. Nice work, hope to see more of it here and hear how you get your results.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from another brit, mono nut and someone just getting hooked on IR.
    Roy, good idea mate. Sean, how about it?
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clive, I just checked out your site and you have some phenomenal work as do your two compatriots, thanks for sharing.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    I haven't shot more than a couple of of rolls of IR many years ago just out of curiosity. But if the experienced IR shooters here had a forum, I would certainly follow it with great interest. That way if I'm ever inspired to try it again, I would be doing it with a foundation of solid knowledge.

I have no intention of ever shooting ULF and no plans to switch to a Pyro developer but I always enjoy reading the posts of those who do.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys for your responses.

Neal - I did that website (invisible light) within a year or two of starting IR - in the hope that I could easily recall the fears and anxieties I had when starting out.

I hasd come to the realisation that there were more myths about IR photography than facts - so I tried to clear the air a bit and present as simple a guide as I could. For example, the idea of bracketing exposures - sometime five times (!) in some books/articles, I realised was a total nonsense, particularly with an expensive film. Also Kodak's development times have always seemed way out in my experience (and others - including Alan Brown of the justmono site).

The beauty of it all is that non-expensive equipment can do it all. A simple manual focus SLR with, say, a Sigma 24mm and a standard 50mm is ample. Alan Brown, who first steered me in the right directions, takes 90%+ of all his shots with a Nikon F3 and a 24 Sigma.
    Grain aka Clive Rowley
    justmono

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've bumped this back up because of the mention of creating an Infra Red forum. Sean, are you going to put this sort of thing on hold until you've decided on the re-definition of the site?
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Clive :-) Well I thought I knew my F100 but didn't realise it could be used with Infrared film so I've learned something already and I'd love to get around to trying it for that beautiful unique look it produces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin